Sable: thoughts on these guys

In Zambia in the Kafue region, sable are the most common species. I’ve seen herds of 20 males with a few old big bulls that my PH said were pushed out of the breeding herds of females by younger, stronger but slightly smaller bulls. I’ve also seen small groups of bulls and solitary bulls. My bull was with another big bull. The biggest bulls we saw were not with cows.
IMG_7722.jpeg
IMG_7687.jpeg
 
In 1990, on a 21 day adventure in Zim... with Buff & Sable on the main menu...I saw exactly....one...in total...on my very first day.
I have patted myself on the back for several decades now for not pulling off the old:

"Ahhhh, it's the first day, let's hold off and see what happens".

Best
Spike
Great bull, it’s not good to kick sand in Mother Natures face! Unfortunate I’m guilty of it but hopefully never again.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,298
Messages
1,572,014
Members
169,474
Latest member
AubreyWyan
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top