AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
SA court defers ruling on Zim farms case
by James Mombe

JOHANNESBURG – South Africa’s Supreme Court of Appeal on Monday postponed ruling on an appeal by the government against an earlier court order that it compensates a South African farmer for farms lost in Zimbabwe.

The farmer, Crawford von Abo, lost his 14 farms in Zimbabwe when they were expropriated under President Robert Mugabe’s controversial land reform programme.

The High Court ruled last year that Pretoria should have provided diplomatic protection for Von Abo’s properties and that because it had not done so it should compensate the farmer for his loses.

Mugabe has over the past eight years seized white-owned farms for re-distribution to landless blacks in a programme he says was meant to correct a colonial and unjust land tenure system that reserved the best arable land for whites while blacks were crowded on poor soils.

But veteran leader’s chaotic and often violent land reform programme also saw several farms owned by foreigners and protected under bilateral trade agreements between Zimbabwe and other countries seized without compensation.

However South Africa And Zimbabwe only signed an investment protection agreement in November 2009, well after Von Abo had lost his properties.

Source: ZimOnline

I wish they all would make up their minds... first they chase all the farmers away and leave them with nothing then at the same time other African countries Governments such as Nigeria , DRC , Mozam just to name a few are encouraging white farmers to come live in their country and give them free land or a 100 year + land lease to farm for them and to develop agriculture to boost their economy etc... anyway good luck to those farmers in court !

cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kalaharikind

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!