RSA Stockmaker??

Jumbo

AH veteran
Joined
Apr 17, 2011
Messages
244
Reaction score
329
Location
Arusha, Tanzania
Media
45
Hunting reports
Africa
5
Member of
SAGA, SA Hunters, PBGRC
Hunted
RSA, Zim & Zambia
I have a Sako 7mm Rem Mag that groups like a dream and is accurate as hell, but I HATE shooting it, as its uncomfortable as hell.

I want to get the gun restocked and re-blued (as its a gloss finish at the moment, which also isn't my scene much) The BIG question is who in RSA to entrust this work to?

I have heard a few names thrown around, but would like to hear from anyone who has experience with similar work and suggestions for me in RSA?

I also have a Krieghoff double which I want the fore-end shaved down to a splinter fore-end on.....................anyone who you can recommend for that, or should I send it to the factory?
 
Steve Fourie would be my choice
 
Hi Jumbo

I have had a ton of stock work and two custom rifles built by him. I will try and take some photos of the rifles for you. He is busy building a third for me as we speak.

Regards

Jon
 
Thanks Jon, Appreciate the input, pics would be great if possible.
 
image.jpg
image.jpg


Best I could do with my iPhone.

I believe that Steve Fourie does outstanding work too!
The first image is a custom pre 64 Winchester 375 H&H and the second is a custom commercial Mauser 98 8x57 JS.

Photos don't do justice to his work!
 
Thanks for the pictures, They are very nice looking rifles.

very nice classic stock lines!
 
Pretoria West , shout if you want his number and I will PM it to you.
Thanks! would be great to get his number so I can chat with him, particularly his thoughts on my double plan!
 
Thanks! would be great to get his number so I can chat with him, particularly his thoughts on my double plan!

numbers sent , best of luck with your build .
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,342
Messages
1,573,387
Members
169,745
Latest member
YongLester
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top