Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
Description of operation

When the lever latch is depressed and the under lever is lowered, a spur on the under lever pushes the in-line, coil spring driven striker to the rear, as the barrel and forend assembly are pushed up, exposing the breech. Once the striker is fully retracted, the sear engages a notch in the striker, and the trigger is then allowed to set, holding the sear engaged. This trigger/sear arrangement is the same as many bolt action rifles. The last bit of travel on lowering the under lever allows the front end of the lever to make contact with and actuate the extractor. The leverage on the extractor is tremendous, and a caming action give the extractor enough acceleration to effectively eject the spent case with ease. The lever throw is only 30 degrees, and can easily be closed with one hand making reloading quick and smooth. The safety rotates into position, greatly reducing the chance of it being jarred off, and blocks both the trigger and the sear making the rifle well guarded against accidental discharge. Excessive testing with impacts from all angles failed to make the safety disengage, or allow the action to dry fire.

With the action open, access to the breech is far greater than that of a falling block action, especially with a scope mounted. The forend stays mounted to the barrel, and travels up with the barrel on opening. Mounted with a free travel fit to the front of the action keeps any pressure from pushing against the barrel, ruining accuracy.

Upon closing, The barrel block traveling on a 2 degree angle, nestles into the frame of the action, the trunions extending above the chamber on each side, providing complete support. The front of the action has a seat the supports the front of the barrel shank just in front of the barrel block. All of this contact surface makes the rifle feel as one solid assembly when closed.

His website for more information but I have C&P the pricing for you

Base prices on both single shot and double rifles include the following

Fully functioning and finished rifle.

One standing and one folding leaf rear sight, front sight either small bead or fiber optic

Quarter rib machined with integral dovetails for Talley style scope rings

AA quality Turkish walnut stock, hand rubbed high satin oil finish, 20 line per inch hand checkering.

Steel grip cap and pachmayer decelerator recoil pad.

Slow rust blued barrel

Color case hardened action of 8620 steel

Rising Block single shot rifle, Calibers from .22 Hornet to 9.3X74R

$8500

Calibers from .375 Flanged Magnum to .500 Nitro Express

$10,000.

Rising Block Double rifle in calibers from .22 Hornet to .500 Nitro Express ( Action scaled to caliber)

$18500

Very interesting. I've never seen a rising block action, thanks for showing.

Very interesting. I've never seen a rising block action, thanks for showing.
Thanks Joe. I thought there may have been a bit more interest in Baileys design or at least a bit of discussion on the merrits etc of the rising block concept. I have seen quite a bit of his GS work and over the last few years on another forum and his skill level is about as high as it gets.

Thanks for sharing my work Von Gruff. Much appreciated

Short video of a friend and owner of my prototype Rising block rifle (7X57R), shooting it at 400yds. That satisfying "PLINK" and the case ejection make me smile

Very interesting action. Would make a nice light mountain rifle

It is
Thanks for sharing Von Gruf. Very cool rifle.
It is Bailey's imagination and the skills to bring them into reality that are so impressive. I cant link it (forum rules) but on another forum he showed us the making of the most beautiful damascus hornet double rifle from forging the damascus to the finished piece that had us spellbound throughout the process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeithustKew

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg