Rifles over .50 caliber

mdsalern

AH enthusiast
Joined
Mar 12, 2022
Messages
479
Reaction score
839
Location
Arlington, Texas

Attachments

  • F36D5B47-BC29-4B24-A0B7-1F04C9B84D28.png
    F36D5B47-BC29-4B24-A0B7-1F04C9B84D28.png
    553.9 KB · Views: 170
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-24 at 8.54.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-24 at 8.54.15 AM.png
    750.8 KB · Views: 213
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-24 at 8.54.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-24 at 8.54.16 AM.png
    514.5 KB · Views: 217
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-24 at 8.54.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-24 at 8.54.18 AM.png
    974.8 KB · Views: 158

Gentlemen, Please review the following from the ATF website concerning Destructive Devices:​

​

National Firearms Act Definitions​

Destructive Device​

26 U.S.C. § 5845(F)

For the purposes of the National Firearms Act, the term “Destructive Device” means:
  • A missile having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than 1/4 oz.
  • Any type of weapon by whatever name known which will, or which may readily be converted to expel a projectile, by the action of an explosive or other propellant, the barrel or barrels of which have a bore greater than one-half inch in diameter.
  • A combination of parts designed and intended for use in converting a device into a destructive device and from which a destructive device can be readily assembled.

Exemptions:
  • A shotgun or shotgun shell which is determined by the Attorney General to be generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes.
  • a device which is neither designed nor redesigned for use as a weapon,
  • a device which is designed or redesigned for use as a signaling, pyrotechnic, line-throwing, safety, or similar device,
  • surplus ordnance sold, loaded, or given by the Secretary of the Army pursuant to law such as antique, obsolete bronze or iron cannon,
  • a device which the Attorney General determines is not likely to be used as a weapon.
  • An antique firearm, or
  • a rifle which the owner intended to use solely for sporting purposes.
The bottom line is that the US Code allows for rifles larger that .5" bore that have intended sporting purposes. This would include a rifled barreled 12 gauge shotgun and a .577 or .600 Nitro rifle.
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,305
Messages
1,572,253
Members
169,514
Latest member
ChesterMac
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top