Resurrecting the 270 Win

I’ve always thought about getting a 25-06 but I’m a 270 Winchester fan and have shot one for 50 years. If I did my job the gun did it’s job. I couldn’t see getting another rifle based on the same case that shot a smaller lighter bullet, with a worse bc, and was slower than my 270 was with 130 grain bullets. I have to admit that the 120’s in a 25-06 did a good job on coyotes because of less hide damage.
Get a .25-06 anyway. I have a mid '70s Winchester .270, but I've always wanted a .25-06. Looking for a new Savage 110, but they're as rare as hens teeth right now in RH. LH everywhere. Might have to settle for a Weatherby Vanguard, Howa (same thing) or a Tikka? Not in any hurry though. I've been buying the .25-06 ammo when I find a deal on it. Crazy to have to buy the ammo first, but it is what it is?

We must be magnificent
@Dr Ray
Idont know about that Doc. A man that tries amputation with a Von Gruff knife without anesthesia is more a legend in his own lunch box regardless of what rifles they own

The only truly magnificent people own and use fast 25s and 35 Whelens.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Bob

@Dr Ray
Idont know about that Doc. A man that tries amputation with a Von Gruff knife without anesthesia is more a legend in his own lunch box regardless of what rifles they own

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Bob

And 270s non wimp rifles!

@Dr Ray

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Bob

Let me tell you the little finger is a tad tender

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobI313

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!