Re-introducing Extinct Species

On this forum, there is an article of court records and evidence that poacher was caught, proven guilty and convicted for poaching elephants with 22. (from court evidence, it was not clear which 22 was used, and it was not I think center fire 22) Article was published in man magnum magazine, available on forum.

So, having that in mind, I think that 375 H&H would be ethically lethal on such large animals.
I wouldnt hesitate using 350 grain solids in 375 H&H for t-rex, if need be.

On this forum, there is an article of court records and evidence that poacher was caught, proven guilty and convicted for poaching elephants with 22. (from court evidence, it was not clear which 22 was used, and it was not I think center fire 22) Article was published in man magnum magazine, available on forum.

So, having that in mind, I think that 375 H&H would be ethically lethal on such large animals.
I wouldnt hesitate using 350 grain solids in 375 H&H for t-rex, if need be.
I’m more iffy on dinosaurs. Anatomically, they’d probably be much more like a bird than a mammal. In fact, from a cladistics standpoint, birds are dinosaurs. Most paleontologists use the terms “non-avian dinosaur” and “avian dinosaur” to distinguish between the groups. Modern birds are the only remaining theropod dinosaurs and probably offer the best insight into extinct theropod biology.

My only experience hunting large birds is wild turkey. We may have some members with experience with ostrich. I don’t know if they are shot in the body. Turkey are usually shot in the head/neck.

A brain shot on a T. rex would almost certainly work but you’d want to examine the skull like Bell did with elephant to determine where to aim. Later Tyrannosaurids and especially T. rex had heavily built skulls so you’d want to find the most direct route to the brain.

I can’t say how a body shot would work. Dinosaur soft tissues are poorly recorded in the fossil record.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddragontiger4d

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.