Pressure signs

In all reality there is nothing wrong with a 250 grain .348 bullet at 2190 fps. The Barnes load data has their 250 grain bullet at 2208 and 2308 fps with different powders and I usually like to back off from max loads that are listed in manuals when I am loading for my lever actions. Also not knocking your choice of powder but I can't find any load data for Allient RL-19 for the .348 Winchester and 250 grain bullets.

Most people can not afford the type of pressure measuring equipment that you would need for a metallic cartridge. Even most manufactures will not tell you what the pressures that they are achieving but only say that it is within SAMI standards.
 
Pressure measuring equipment can run into the $1000s. Just read the full thread. Get QuickLoad. It is awesome. While it can predict possible ballistics, it can't tell you anything more than common sense and a good application of reloading know how already will. I have used QL and a good set of digital calipers, a notebook, and chronograph for a few projects with different powder/ bullet combinations that aren't listed in any manuals. It has served me well.
 
Sorry for the delay in getting back to this thread, I've been away with work.

Thanks for all the replies and advice.

That pressure measuring gear Grumulkin linked to looks pretty interesting.
QL is something I've had my eye on for sometime now.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,541
Members
169,371
Latest member
BernardCos
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top