Over a year in the making... Almost there

Oops.....just noticed @Sika98k did not have a selfie.....shouldda read first...........FWB

I fly out of Hartford, CT to Atlanta on June 9th heading to RSA. Good luck on your hunt!
I fly out of BWI to Atlanta and onto RSA on June 9th! I bet we are on the same flight.

I fly out of BWI to Atlanta and onto RSA on June 9th! I bet we are on the same flight.
I am flying Delta and have a decent layover before take off in ATL at 2130. I get to ATL at 1700. I have an overnight in joberg before I depart to Port Elizabeth. This will be my first time on safari and leaving North America in general. 28 days until check in and counting. If you are up for it we should try to grab a drink or meal.

I am flying Delta and have a decent layover before take off in ATL at 2130. I get to ATL at 1700. I have an overnight in joberg before I depart to Port Elizabeth. This will be my first time on safari and leaving North America in general. 28 days until check in and counting. If you are up for it we should try to grab a drink or meal.

My layover in Atlanta is from 6:42to 9:30. We should definitely break some bread together.

We are headed over on June 11! First time heading over. Hunting with Sensational Hunting Safaris. Heard good things about them. My daughter is looking for a Zebra, Impala and a springbok. Son is looking for a warthog and an Impala, I’m looking for a blue wildebeest, Impala, warthog, and maybe a kudu, bushbuck and zebra if the opportunity presents itself.

I leave in two days. The nervous energy started yesterday and has continued today. It is that feeling you got before you were about to take a big test in school. Rifles are sighted in and ready to be packed, ammo in its travel container, scopes wrapped in bubble wrap, hunting clothes sprayed with permethrin, and the list goes on.

Nyala and bushbuck are definitely on the list as they were part of the package. Our PH has reported seeing some nice kudu in the Karoo so that might be added to the list. Springbuck and blesbuck are also on the list.

My big worry now is whether my brother-in-law who was supposed to be hunting with me will be able to make it. As a Delta retiree he has flying privileges. That is space available and Wednesday had been looking good for him. For some reason the Monday night flight to Jo'berg from Atlanta ended up being diverted back to Atlanta. So all those empty seats on Wednesday are suddenly gone. Our fingers are crossed that he can get on a flight even if he misses a day or two of the hunt.

I leave in two days. The nervous energy started yesterday and has continued today. It is that feeling you got before you were about to take a big test in school. Rifles are sighted in and ready to be packed, ammo in its travel container, scopes wrapped in bubble wrap, hunting clothes sprayed with permethrin, and the list goes on.

Nyala and bushbuck are definitely on the list as they were part of the package. Our PH has reported seeing some nice kudu in the Karoo so that might be added to the list. Springbuck and blesbuck are also on the list.

My big worry now is whether my brother-in-law who was supposed to be hunting with me will be able to make it. As a Delta retiree he has flying privileges. That is space available and Wednesday had been looking good for him. For some reason the Monday night flight to Jo'berg from Atlanta ended up being diverted back to Atlanta. So all those empty seats on Wednesday are suddenly gone. Our fingers are crossed that he can get on a flight even if he misses a day or two of the hunt.

It'd be nice to know what happened to the plane and the reason why they had to turn around. I'm taking that flight June 5th to Johannesburg and hearing this has got me kind of curious as to what happened!

It'd be nice to know what happened to the plane and the reason why they had to turn around. I'm taking that flight June 5th to Johannesburg and hearing this has got me kind of curious as to what happened!
Me, too. I don't know if it was a mechanical issue, a sick passenger, or what. I'd have thought if it was weather-related, the plane never would have taken off and flown around an hour or so dumping fuel before heading back to Atlanta.

Me, too. I don't know if it was a mechanical issue, a sick passenger, or what. I'd have thought if it was weather-related, the plane never would have taken off and flown around an hour or so dumping fuel before heading back to Atlanta.
Well hopefully they get it sorted out before your flight and mine!

Well hopefully they get it sorted out before your flight and mine!
Turns out it was a mechanical issue of some sort. By some weird coincidence, my nephew is headed tonight to London for a gaming tournament. His seat mate was on the Jo'berg flight that diverted back to Atlanta. They may have popped a tire or two on landing due to the weight.

I just checked one of the flight tracking sites and tonight's Delta 200 took off on time. It is currently over water off the South Carolina coast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuddyBrode

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt