One of the worst "examples of hunting" I have seen

Eh…I mostly disagree. Genetics are not an issue if you have sufficient acreage and aren’t overshooting the population. Fencing is just unsportsmanlike and is for domesticated herd animals like cows. Feeding shouldn’t be required outside major droughts or fires.

Wildlife should be wild. That’s the whole point.

To each their own though.
What we would like and the way things are are two different things. What you are looking for would be the exception and you’d have to do your research to find it in South Africa. You’d also need to limit yourself to animals not held in by low fencing.

They still have other videos up, but they have decided to turn the comments off.

Check out this eland “hunt”. What’s bad is I don’t think the clients realize they have been cheated.

At 9:07, "we're some bullet shooting mf'ers." Classic!

Jesus!! Is it normal to head shoot hippos with a bow?!?! I've never been to Africa but I'm hoping this isn't normal. Full disclosure, I only watched a few minutes

Gee I wonder why the antis get wound up . I'm kinda wound up but I'm really not a fan of bow hunting large animals anyway. I'm generally an unrepentant killer but I didn't like the feeling I got watching the hippo bleed out.

It's odd to me they'd put the videos online. It's one thing to conduct yourself that way with a client (but is still super fucked up) , but to record it and let the world see it is another story. I don't think it's casting our great tradition in a good light.

African hunting won’t survive the anti movement as long as hunters and operators alike believe that it is appropriate to post content like this.

It's odd to me they'd put the videos online. It's one thing to conduct yourself that way with a client (but is still super fucked up) , but to record it and let the world see it is another story. I don't think it's casting our great tradition in a good light.
Agree 100%...there is no "i don't think" involved. Either we find a way to police ourselves buy calling a spade a spade or we all sink with the "if it's legal support it" thought process.
I simply don't stand by some of the actions i see/have seen on some hunting videos lately.

Agree 100%...there is no "i don't think" involved. Either we find a way to police ourselves buy calling a spade a spade or we all sink with the "if it's legal support it" thought process.
I simply don't stand by some of the actions i see/have seen on some hunting videos lately.
I agree!!! It would be nice to be able to defend all hunters the same but they just aren't all the same. It's crazy that they'd put it on YouTube. No wonder people are up in arms

I usually agree (or somewhat agree) with the "If it's legal, then don't knock it" idea, mostly when it comes to things like baiting, but when you watch something and feel disgusted, your mindset changes a bit. I actually felt a little dirty thinking that for someone who doesn't know any different, all hunter's could be thrown in the same category, and as a hunter, people may think this is what I must do too. Made me feel ill.

This is horrible. I need to look into the legality of doing reaction type videos. They need to be trashed online.

These people are the worst “hunters” I have ever known to exist. Trying to bow shoot a hippo in the head? Shooting a giraffe from the truck with a bow, then having a classic motshwere safaris running down of a wounded animal, wtf.

They seem to attract horrible people as clients. When you have to use a helicopter, you are long past the time to give up the bow and use a rifle. Instead of chasing the poor suffering creature all around trying to stick it issuing your sub par archery skills, just shoot the damn thing. Even the client should know better.

Can nature conservation not step in and do something? It seems like having a client try head shots on a hippo with a bow would violate some kind of rule or policy. Can’t they pull this guys license?

I have been on that very boat and on that river. I know the camerawoman, and I’ve been on the property where the giraffe was shot. I hunted with neither outfitter but had the opportunity to be with others and speak with the camerawoman about the outfitter. She did not like the way he handled clients (overbooking) or how many animals were “harvested” rather than hunted. I will say this was all on my first visit to Africa and I was not pleased with the “put-and-take” style of game management which was occurring even on the enormous ranches. I feel like this outfitter is booking too many clients, and clients that have tight schedules or huge trophy lists. This makes the outfitter make poor choices with regard to means of pursuit and take. In the time of COVID game ranchers need clients to shoot animals in order to make money, but sometimes outfitters need to say “No” that’s not the way to do it. I specifically remember one night the camerawoman told us at dinner that there were more than 40 clients at dinner and the outfitter had shuffled some clients to a camera safari so that he could bring another group in and complete their safari while the original group took their unplanned camera safari.

Its wild to me that that kinda outfitter would book the right client and hunt like that. What does the ph act like if normal hunters were in camp? Or is this outfit pretty much known for hunting like drunk rednecks? Fucked up either way, I wish them the worst for the future.

I usually agree (or somewhat agree) with the "If it's legal, then don't knock it" idea, mostly when it comes to things like baiting, but when you watch something and feel disgusted, your mindset changes a bit. I actually felt a little dirty thinking that for someone who doesn't know any different, all hunter's could be thrown in the same category, and as a hunter, people may think this is what I must do too. Made me feel ill.
I too felt ill!!! Im sure we all get lumped into that category by most people

I too felt ill!!! Im sure we all get lumped into that category by most people
That's what I'm afraid of!!! Some people don't understand how I can consider myself and animal lover and yet still be a hunter. To them that seems contradictory. For those who share my passion, or those who make an effort to learn... They get it. This stuff we are watching here...it shows no respect or admiration for these animals. It sickens me, and I DON'T want to be associated with them.

This is just horrible...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VanceGoe3

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary (417)860-5888
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross