Oak and Leather Case DIY

The outer frames are 1x2 or 1x3 I’m assuming, but what are the top and bottom? Solid panelling?
All 1/2 in thick with the top and bottom machined down to 1/2" from an 8x1 or 1x8 for some of you.
Photo0981.jpg
 
That’s what I was thinking! Looks amazing
Von Gruff, that is some really fine work you’ve done! I’ve also been fiddling with repairing old gun cases/trunks. Lots of patience required. I wish my work was up to your standards, and I concur that the cartridge block looks great.
 
Von Gruff, that is some really fine work you’ve done! I’ve also been fiddling with repairing old gun cases/trunks. Lots of patience required. I wish my work was up to your standards, and I concur that the cartridge block looks great.
Thank you. Have always liked "making stuff" and fortunately guns and knives with their associated bits form the main part of that
 
I made a case for my double in 470Ne mainly for using to/from the range. The hides been used are Kudu, Blue Wildebeest and a Red Stag for the inner lid:

IMG_1003.jpeg
IMG_1012.jpeg
IMG_1011.jpeg
IMG_1022.jpeg
IMG_1017.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,429
Members
169,357
Latest member
trailrivet
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top