Nosler Solids...

sandman0921

AH enthusiast
Joined
Dec 13, 2014
Messages
418
Reaction score
661
Location
Tennessee, USA
Media
2
Articles
11
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
1
Member of
SCI (Life), RMEF (Life), DU, NWTF, NRA (Patron Life), GOA, DSC (Life), WSF (Life), B&C Club (Sponsor Associate Member), USSA (Associate Member)
Hunted
USA (GA, TN, AR, TX, FL, UT, NM, WY, MT, AK, IL, MO, IA); Canada (NWT, BC); Africa (Tanzania)
I've searched on the AH forums, and posted this question elsewhere, but this may be a better place......

I have a 450 Rigby I will be developing loads for. Originally I had chosen the 0.458 Hornady DGX and DGS bullets in an effort to minimize shift in POI between the two when they were both loaded in the magazine. Since that time, I've begun to rethink those bullets after some of the reports I've read....

Anyway, I was thinking of going with the 0.458 Swift A-frame (500 grain) for my "soft", and the 0.458 Nosler Solid (500 grain) for my solid in this rifle. I'm sure there'll be some shift of POI between the two, but at <100 yds, I'm not sure how significant this will be coming from a dangerous game rifle.

I would love to go with the Barnes Banded Solids, but since they're being reviewed by the U.S. BATFE, they're impossible to find.

My question is, does anyone have any experience with the Nosler Solids (i.e., performance, feeding, POI, etc.)?

I've shot the A-frames in different calibers, and am very impressed. Coupled with the reports coming out of Africa over the last couple of decades, I have no doubt these will be fine.

Thanks so much in advance...
 
Swift is now producing a solid to match their A-frame. it might not be available on their website yet but if you contact them they might be able to hook you up.

-matt
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,250
Messages
1,570,749
Members
169,148
Latest member
MaurineGow
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top