No mercy for thieves

I am not a rancher. Reading the comments in this post, have helped me understand the loss. That said, I could never shoot someone for stealing my TV or whatever. Now, on the other hand, fuck with my family and find out...
If they will go in your house to steal the tv they are willing to do a lot more.
And cows and horses are not a tv
If your trying to breed for something that’s years of work
 
Holy heck, how many cattle do you have!?
Well, I started out with 30 on a rented farm about 42 years ago... actually had 8 to start but got up to 30 within a few months. Prior to that I started with 1 female pig, that got introduced to my Grandfather's mature boar, when she came of age..... That was when I was 13 and pretty much traded in the pigs for cows after high school.

Then it eventually became apparent that you can't buy happiness, but you can buy cows and that is pretty much the same thing :)
 
Well, I started out with 30 on a rented farm about 42 years ago... actually had 8 to start but got up to 30 within a few months. Prior to that I started with 1 female pig, that got introduced to my Grandfather's mature boar, when she came of age..... That was when I was 13 and pretty much traded in the pigs for cows after high school.

Then it eventually became apparent that you can't buy happiness, but you can buy cows and that is pretty much the same thing :)
Hehe, I always reckon if I tried to keep cattle I’d get attached and never sell. But maybe at 30k they wouldn’t grow on me so much :ROFLMAO:
 
few years back I had a cowboy in work and asked him about any rustling going on. he said not now seems they found some guy hanging from a telephone pole a few weeks ago. no more issues. Back in the mid 80's a buddy and I walked into an old barn on a old ranch in Nevada, it looked deserted and found a guy hanging from the rafters in the barn. called Sheriff he came out said case closed
you are joking,right?
 
Hehe, I always reckon if I tried to keep cattle I’d get attached and never sell. But maybe at 30k they wouldn’t grow on me so much :ROFLMAO:

Kuh.jpg


We like cows too.

P.S. They only have bells in our mountains; the pastures are often large and some get lost in the mountain forests, that's why.


What is the penalty for cattle theft in Texas?
 
View attachment 741474

We like cows too.

P.S. They only have bells in our mountains; the pastures are often large and some get lost in the mountain forests, that's why.


What is the penalty for cattle theft in Texas?
I have no idea what tx does to cattle thefts now or fl for that matter.

But back years ago when our country made sense. It was a long drop with a very short rope.
 
@Betterinthebush
The last person I caught stealing stuff off my car ended up with a dislocated shoulder and a broken arm.
My wife called the police and I told them what I had done.
They read my statement back and it stated that whilst I was chasing the alleged thief he tripped and fell across a gutter injuring himself and I attempted to render first aid whilst the ambulance arrived.
When I said no I broke the thieving arseholes arm.
They said no we have your statement .
They asked the thief is this was correct he said no. The police said they will leave him with me to finish the job.
The prick soon said the police statement was correct so they took him to hospital. Nothing more was ever said.
I think he was cured of his stealing habits.
Bob
Great story! You're lucky the cops were looking out for you.
 
....and then take a hammer to both hands....finger by finger
Has anyone here actually seen a public beating? I have. Growing up in India, I’ve seen robbers and thieves caught by mobs—and sometimes by the police. It wasn’t symbolic or restrained. It was merciless. Brutal. Unforgettable.
 
Great story! You're lucky the cops were looking out for you.
@Doug Hamilton
Back in those days police weren't hamstrung by political correctness or wokism, they actually believed in justice.
In the same era mum just had major throat surgery and an idiot in the neighbourhood had his stereo up full volume. To cut a long story short the police had numerous complaints from people about the noise and everytime they left he turned it back up.
I was asked to sort it out. A 180 gn RNSP from my old 303 thru said stereo cured the excess volume.
Police paid me a visit and asked if I had turned said stereo down. I replied yes and they said thank you we won't get anymore complaints now.
Ah the good old days
Do that now and a SWAT team would be all over you by the time you got fifty yards up the road.
Bob
 
Has anyone here actually seen a public beating? I have. Growing up in India, I’ve seen robbers and thieves caught by mobs—and sometimes by the police. It wasn’t symbolic or restrained. It was merciless. Brutal. Unforgettable.
I have seen public beating before but it was not government approved
 
Oh, this is a huge surprise. I am convinced that the majority of cattle thieves are remnants of the old open border policies of the last administration.


And to think... We could have had.four more years of this if only we had elected Kamala.

Makes me all.misty thinking about the good old days of Joe and company. Sniff...

Hahahaha!

I do feel bad for the ranchers though.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,247
Messages
1,569,457
Members
168,711
Latest member
ghngjhgk
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top