NIB Leupold VX-3HD 1.5-5x20 CDS-ZL FireDot Twilight Hunter

Louis Toadvine

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Brand new Leupold VX-3HD 1.5-5x20 with the illuminated FireDot Twilight Hunter reticle. 30mm tube. A perfect scope for your DG rifle or deep woods hunting. Includes everything seen below: box, paperwork, bikini strap lens cover.

I bought this scope ~2 months ago and have only taken it out of the box to make sure the illuminated reticle works and to take these pictures. I bought this to put on a 9.3x62 stutzen, but ended up putting a different scope on said rifle. I'm now selling this to help raise funds for a 1-6x or 1-8x to put on my 8x57.

$650 shipped to your door (CONUS). This is a $700 scope if purchased from retailers. Personal check, Paypal, Venmo, etc.--whatever payment you're most comfortable with. I've never used one of the escrow services but would be open to checking it out if that's what you want. If someone has a NIB or gently used 1-6x or 1-8x scope, I'd consider a trade + $ depending on quality of the scope and condition.

20220426_160756.jpg

20220426_160918.jpg

20220426_160612.jpg

20220426_161232.jpg

20220426_161038.jpg

20220426_161129.jpg

If shipping to Europe possible for you - I‘m interested on buying it!!!
Let me know your thoughts -
At now getting a Leupold in Europe is not easy …

Hi Pimes,

Thanks for the interest! Let me look into it and get back to you. I don't know all of the rules and regulations off hand, but know there might be some wrinkles to getting it done.

Update @pimes

I've done some reading on old threads here on AH and also around the web. From my research, I believe Leupold illuminated scopes like this one are restricted for import/export by ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations), meaning it's illegal for me to ship to Europe without abiding by certain (onerous) regulatory licenses and documentation requirements. Not abiding by these rules and regulations can result in the package being snagged by U.S. Customs and being held up indefinitely, fines being levied on one or both parties, and in extreme cases, criminal investigations can be launched.

It sounds like the associated red tape makes sending a single rifle scope like this prohibitively labor-intensive and expensive (i.e. the juice is not worth the squeeze). If I'm way off base and it's actually easier than it sounds, hopefully someone on AH can set me straight.

Thanks again for your interest. Wish we could have made a deal!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 7.59.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 7.59.37 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 77
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 7.59.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 7.59.38 AM.png
    522.5 KB · Views: 73
Update #2: I just bought a 1-8x scope, so I will no longer be looking for trades--purchases only. Thanks.

Update @pimes

I've done some reading on old threads here on AH and also around the web. From my research, I believe Leupold illuminated scopes like this one are restricted for import/export by ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations), meaning it's illegal for me to ship to Europe without abiding by certain (onerous) regulatory licenses and documentation requirements. Not abiding by these rules and regulations can result in the package being snagged by U.S. Customs and being held up indefinitely, fines being levied on one or both parties, and in extreme cases, criminal investigations can be launched.

It sounds like the associated red tape makes sending a single rifle scope like this prohibitively labor-intensive and expensive (i.e. the juice is not worth the squeeze). If I'm way off base and it's actually easier than it sounds, hopefully someone on AH can set me straight.

Thanks again for your interest. Wish we could have made a deal!
(y):unsure:= No idea about the restrictions - but thanks = I will do a bit research for myself, to know what is legal:sneaky::rolleyes:

(y):unsure:= No idea about the restrictions - but thanks = I will do a bit research for myself, to know what is legal:sneaky::rolleyes:

Yes, the restrictions seem overly punitive. But I'm guessing a lot of it is tied to anti-terrorism efforts that were unveiled ppst-9/11 and the war on terror. Tough to roll back that stuff.

UPDATE AND BUMP

Price reduction to $600 shipped (CONUS). That's a ~15% discount on a brand new scope. If it doesn't sell, I'll probably just delist it and save it for a rainy day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg