New outfitter/member

Good day all,

I am a new member to AH and looking also to become a sponsor.

I am a co-owner of a newly established outfitter in Namibia. The other co-owner is my brother who is also a PH and will be handling all the hunts on our hunting farm.

Although we are newly registered we do have a lot of experience in hunting and wildlife as we were raised on the farm. We constantly monitor and control our wildlife so we know where all the good trophies hide.

We did our maiden hunt in 2017, which was a leopard hunt and a few plains game. The hunt was very successful and the clients was very happy. The hunters was actually clients of one of the AH Outfitter sponsors. We did the hunt with the AH sponsor but at our location.

We are looking for new clients/hunters, however this is quite difficult as I seen on most of the AH threads that hunters are looking at established Outfitters with good reviews - which I understand.
The question is how or where can we get client/hunters as we need to start somewhere?

You are most welcome.

How about some interesting hunting stories???

Welcome to the forum.

Your prices are already more than competitive - in fact, your day rates are at the low end, and you do not seem to be making it up on the trophy fees, which are very reasonable.

You asked in an early post what you should do to become better known. My advice would be not to try to find the bottom of the market. The best way to prosper in your business is not by offering the cheapest hunts. Something always has to give with that model, if not today, then tomorrow. The best way to prosper is by offering the best value hunts. Price your hunts fairly, offer good trophies and top notch service, word of mouth will grow and the hunters will come.

Offering unsustainable prices at the beginning only to have to raise them quickly will annoy some people who will remember the lower prices. Be fair, both to yourself and to the hunters. We all know you need to make a living doing this if you're to keep doing it.

Just one man's perspective.

You are most welcome.

How about some interesting hunting stories???

I have one interesting story for you... it did not start as a hunting story but surely ended as one.
DSC_0352.JPG

One morning driving around on the farm doing the normal inspections and checking the water hole I found a track of a leopard and the drag marks of its prey. As I always carry my rifle with me I decided to follow the track to try and see what the leopard caught. The area was quite rocky and the track was not easy to follow. After a while I realized that the tracks were a bit strange. It first looked like the leopard was dragging the prey by trying to pull it backwards. But later it seamed that the leopard was dragging the prey under his body by walking forward. This did not make any sense to me because why will a leopard take his pray to the water. I then followed the track back to the water and I looked around and saw the track as well as the drag mark leaving the water at the opposite side. The water hole is completely surrounded by rocks which make it difficult to see what happen at the water hole. I then followed the tracks that going to the opposite side. I did not follow the track very far when suddenly the leopard roared very close to me and very load. With the roar the leopard jumped up and started moving in my direction. I did not wast any time and took a shot at him. The leopard fell but I still saw some movement from the leopard. The leopard was behind a bush and so I then took another shot at the leopard. I kept my sights on the leopard for a while to make sure there is no more movement. The leopard was dead. I looked around but the dog and the farm worker was already quite a distance away. After the dust settled I cautiously approached the leopard to see what was going on. This is what I saw...
DSC_0355.JPG

The leopards back was broken and the leopard was not pulling his prey but it was the drag marks of the leopard’s own backside. I tried to see if there were any marks to see what happen to the leopard’s back, but there was nothing. So your guess is as good as mine..perhaps some animal kicked it or got hurt jumping from a tree..

Great story! Looks like his back had been broken for a while based on the muscle atrophy/ skinny back legs. I'm guessing he didn't have much time left in this world, good to put him out of his misery.

Enjoyed your story! Sad he was in such bad shape. You did a good thing taking him out of his misery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!