New Member from Tennessee

Good morning SticksMcKinley,

And welcome to the best forum in the world.
There are many excellent Safari Companies to look at here, including of course the one I work for LOL, (Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris, Namibia).
Our main concession is in the mountains of northern Namibia.
It’s not game fenced and consistently produces excellent kudu hunting, as well as migrations of hartmann’s Zebra, oryx/gemsbok and such.
There are also multiple other species there in abundance that are not migratory.

The Khomas Hochland Highlands (where we are located) is not technically a desert.
There is plenty of grass and there is standing water year around up there.
We even offer Egyptian goose hunting.
(Please refer to our web site photos and Hunt Reports in this forum).

As for rifles, I agree with Shootist43 in bringing your .300 Winchester with 200 grain Swift A-Frames.
We also offer rifles in that caliber (other calibers as well as shotguns for goose, Red Bill Duck, guinea fowl and grouse) for rent, if you decide you’d rather travel light.
Either way, you and your family will be truly amazed when you see Africa.

No matter who you choose to book with, do go to Africa.
You will have the time of your life there.
Feel free to PM or email me, as I’m always happy to answer your questions.

Best Regards,
Paul.

Thank you, Paul! I will check out Khomas Highland as I continue my research. I appreciate the info.

Welcome @SticksMcKinley. This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy!

I'm a hunter from Tennessee considering an African hunt within the next couple of years to fulfill a lifelong dream inspired by Capstick, Ruark and other great writers that have fueled my desire for a African safari.

Whenever your ready we would be happy to help you with your planning.

Welcome to AH SticksMcKinley! Planning is half the fun! Enjoy the site!

Welcome @SticksMcKinley! Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa.
If you need any help we’re here for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross