Media

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-12 at 6.52.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-12 at 6.52.24 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-12 at 6.52.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-12 at 6.52.25 AM.png
    640.3 KB · Views: 57
I don’t know who makes them for NECG but they are very well-made. To me they seem a little squishier than a decelerator. I do know that they work like a dream using a disc sander. Very easy to finish. I prefer them to the decelerator.

3927401F-71B8-4B2C-895E-7ED288AC243B.jpeg

This is one of their pads on a Ruger number one that I stocked a couple of months ago. I went with a very thin pad because the scope mount is so far forward on a Ruger number one that a thick pad makes it hard to use a scope. I also used one of their sling swivel studs. It’s a little fancier than the standard round stud. It gives you the same look as an inletted stub but without the work.

Thanks! I see they recommend their quick lock system for the 3/4" pads. Can it or the thicker pads be attached traditionally, too, without much issue?

These are one of my favorite pads to install, they seem to hold up very well and I like them better than the decelerator. I purchased some of the quick lock systems, but I have not used any of them yet. The through holes in the pad are threaded and I usually drill them out so that I can mount it to my Miles Gilbert recoil pad fixture. They seem to be a very solid and durable recoil pad. I believe I read somewhere that they have them manufactured for them somewhere in Germany.

I believe the brand kick-geez is the best for recoil. I install them on heavy recoiling rifles, but I will not say they are the most durable and I believe they come in black only.
Lon

That’s my experience as well Lon.

Great for recoil reduction… but not nearly as durable as pachmyr.. and I’ve only ever seen them in black

There is one other advantage to Kick-EEZ recoil pads, although available in some other brands I believe they come in thicknesses of up to 1 1/2 inches. I believe many heavier recoiling rifles suffer from short length of pull. I will be installing one on my wife's newest purchase, but that is a few months away. More to come on that!

These are one of my favorite pads to install, they seem to hold up very well and I like them better than the decelerator. I purchased some of the quick lock systems, but I have not used any of them yet. The through holes in the pad are threaded and I usually drill them out so that I can mount it to my Miles Gilbert recoil pad fixture. They seem to be a very solid and durable recoil pad. I believe I read somewhere that they have them manufactured for them somewhere in Germany.
Thanks for this, SB. I would need to drill out the threads for the same purpose. How do the quick lock systems work? (Is this something simple to explain or would I be better off on a google adventure?)

There is one other advantage to Kick-EEZ recoil pads, although available in some other brands I believe they come in thicknesses of up to 1 1/2 inches. I believe many heavier recoiling rifles suffer from short length of pull. I will be installing one on my wife's newest purchase, but that is a few months away. More to come on that!
I've used the 1.5" limbsaver nitro pad, but not a 1.5" kick-eez. Great for recoil. My only complaint is that they don't seem to clean up as nicely (smoothness) when shaping/sanding and they do tend to get ragged at the edges faster than a decelerator. Might give the kick-eez a try if they're really more durable.

Thanks for this, SB. I would need to drill out the threads for the same purpose. How do the quick lock systems work? (Is this something simple to explain or would I be better off on a google adventure?)
I have not used the quick lock yet , so I don't have any experience in installing them yet. NECG does sell an adaptor plate to be used with the Miles Gilbert jig for use with the quick lock system.

I'm a recent convert to the NEGC after having one installed on my 375 No.1, and prefer it to the Decelerators. As others have stated it feels a little softer.

Best regards,
3hUjOA9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarolHagen

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.