AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Khomas HL and Omaheke/Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa/Zambia-,Gwayi/Zimbabwe/- + Save/Zimbabwe/- River. Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.
Hi Folks.
A friend is currently in the Matetsi area hunting lion and buffalo.
I get almost no news from him.
Once he wrote that there are severel power cuts and the grids often cannot be supplied anymore.
@ Kevin and colleagues, do you know anything about this?
Regards
Foxi

Power cuts combined with remoteness probably explain why your friend hasn't been able to respond. I went to iSimangaliso a few weeks ago and had the same problem.

'Have hunted Zim several times-one camp was entirely fire/solar power as necessary (and the power would die quickly on cloudy days,) and another ran entirely on a diesel generator, yet another propane (even propane refrigerators). So, the camps were clearly off the grid. No wifi or cell service. It's wonderful! Even in the cities, they routinely cut the power at night to conserve.

In all seriousness, we really have to hand it to Zim. They've experienced a lot of shit in the past two decades yet their resolve is almost unbreakable and they're still one of the top safari destinations in Africa. They refuse to die.

Demand is higer than production so blackouts or powershedding have to happen.
I hope they go for som engine powered solution, I am ready to do my part!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavadaMacG

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.