NAMIBIA: Namibia 2026

Moe324

AH fanatic
Joined
Jul 31, 2024
Messages
503
Reaction score
1,889
Media
62
Hunting reports
Africa
6
Just finished up my first trip to Namibia. Collected a dik dik, a black wildebeest, a giraffe, and 2 hartman mountain zebra. Wanted 2 zebra one for a rug and one for a shoulder mount. Flying to London tomorrow on British Airways via Johannesburg. Hopefully I run into some other AH members in the airport. Ill write up a full report when I get time. Was a great trip with Three Sixty Safaris. Namibia is beautiful. All the people I met were super nice.
 
Looking forward to your report! :D Beers:
 
Congrats on the dik-dik. Was in Namibia in June and got a Steenbok as the smallest. Saw some Duiker, but female or too young. They said that fall was wet and the grass was unusually high this year, so the small game was very difficult to see.
 
Just finished up my first trip to Namibia. Collected a dik dik, a black wildebeest, a giraffe, and 2 hartman mountain zebra. Wanted 2 zebra one for a rug and one for a shoulder mount. Flying to London tomorrow on British Airways via Johannesburg. Hopefully I run into some other AH members in the airport. Ill write up a full report when I get time. Was a great trip with Three Sixty Safaris. Namibia is beautiful. All the people I met were super nice.
Congratulations!!! I am leaving for there on 8/6. Please let me know what the weather was like...night and morning lows and day highs please so I can adjust my packing if need be.
Thanks!!!!!
 
Did you get the visa when you arrived or get it prior. If you did it at the airport, did it take a lot of extra time?

Looking at their requirements getting, a visa seems to be a lot more onerous to do beforehand (e.g. certified copy of passport, financial statement from the outfitter etc.) than doing it at the airport which just requires a jpeg copy of the passport.
 
Did you get the visa when you arrived or get it prior. If you did it at the airport, did it take a lot of extra time?

Looking at their requirements getting, a visa seems to be a lot more onerous to do beforehand (e.g. certified copy of passport, financial statement from the outfitter etc.) than doing it at the airport which just requires a jpeg copy of the passport.
I did it when I landed. It was actually quicker to go in the line for needing one then going in the line for the pre approved ones. I didnt have to give them anything other then my passport and the form the airlines gave us. Then paid with my credit card.
 
No hunting report is complete without pictures! LOL, photos of the lodge, the food, the hunting area... everything!
 
Congratulations!!! I am leaving for there on 8/6. Please let me know what the weather was like...night and morning lows and day highs please so I can adjust my packing if need be.
Thanks!!!!!
Its been warm. I have worn t shirt and shorts each day. In the morning and late nights a hoodie goes on. Im from ohio so my cold tolerance might be different.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,338
Members
169,339
Latest member
MartinaHew
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top