NAMIBIA: KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS Revisited

Our travels took us to The Quiver Tree Forrest, The Devil's Playground, Fish River Canyon, The Orange River, Luderitz, and the Ghost Town. We stayed at some first rate lodges at times, and at times some less expensive digs. Bikers are accepted a little better by the common man than those stepping out of an Range Rover. JMO. 17 days with bikes, 3 days with a rental bakkie, and two days on a tour. We also found time to hunt Mountain Zebra a few times. Once again, the full moon and the rain saved us on trophy fees. (Here we share an evening beer and some wings with local bikers.).........FWB
IMG-4416.jpg

Great adventure, good on you. I fall off bikes or I may just have tried such a thing. So am planning instead upon driving Zimbabwe flat in my Land Rover, about a quarter done.

Kevin......we WENT on an adventure. You LIVE an adventure. ......you are my AH hero!
FW Bill

NAMIBIA SAFARI CORPORATION

I must give these guys a plug. They own a piece of land about the size of Mongolia. Their most distant camp is called Zebra Camp. They made it in 2018. High in the mountains, it over looks the National Park, straight westward, toward the ocean. It is too far from the lodge to hunt regularly, as travel would eat up the hunt day. Owner Jaco knew that I wanted to camp their for a few nights. It is quite a logistic evolution. He made it happen. Despite the remoteness, it is very comfortable. Sunsets are said to be remarkable. And you can see 100 miles from Zebra Camp. (Here, we parked at the lodge, and transferred to the Toyotas.)
....FWB
IMG-4894.jpg

NSC isn't the best place to learn to shoot. The desert and mountains hold a lot of game, but shots can be far. Rocky Mountain elk hunters and Cannucks tend to shine. Be ready to hike a little (or a helluva lot) and to shoot 300 yards, and you will get a full bag. If you simply need a Toyota Safari, you might look elsewhere. This is one of the best values in hunting today IMO. (Friends share a Rum and coke at Zebra Camp).......FWB

IMG-1556.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Random thoughts:
1. Namibia isn't the place to learn to ride a motorcycle. Be an advanced rider before you arrive.
2. Keep your eyes open for hunting opportunities if on a tour. They exist even where not advertised.
3. You really can see 100 miles...........................FWB
IMG-4977 (1).jpg

Fantastic. Thanks for sharing FWB, the motorcycle touring is a cool change up.

Gemsbok are my favorite antelope to date (Roan might be their only competition). Congratulations on a great old bull.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross