N150 loads for 375HH

Ngonyama

AH veteran
Joined
Aug 28, 2021
Messages
117
Reaction score
176
Location
Montagu South Africa
Media
3
Hunted
Bushbuck,kudu,blesbok,Impala,fallowdear,bush pig,baboon,Montain Reebok.
I’ve started looking at some loads for my 375HH paired with N150 and 250grain A-Frames,large rifle magnum primers

At a start load of 70grains there is space left for the powder to move around .Is this a problem of sorts

I don’t have access to my Gordon’s reloading tool

I’ve only previously used S365 with slightly compressed powder with 270grain interlocks

Thanks
 
No, that’s a safe load per VV load data.

Having air in the case with smokeless powder is generally not a problem. Most issues come from light charges in large cases but that’s not what you have.

I would advise looking at the impact velocity at which the 250 A Frame is designed to expand since 70 gr is on the lighter end of the charge data. You might want to step it up some.
 
I am loading N150 from 67.5 grns to 69 grns. behind a Norma Oryx or Woodleigh 300 grain for my .375 H&H. There is plenty of room for these loads when the bullet is seated to standard COAL.

I also use N150 for loading my .404 Jeffery. Works well in the Jeffery, but have not yet fired test loads in the .375 H&H.
 
Thanks guys .Yup 70 grains is light but just a starting load

I never worried about non compression load in the past with 30.06 and 300win mag ,but 375 new to me .It seems like most guys compress there loads but obviously these powders must take up volume like my S365
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,938
Members
169,653
Latest member
arthryonsus
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top