My first big bore

I did not see the auction listing; however, likely would have taken the gamble as well.
It was at a local auction although they do have live online bidding. I had to work and was unable to attend so I left a bid with them.
It is kind of an ugly thing, but they can be pretty in their own utilitarian way.
Who knows maybe someday I’ll sell off all my big rifles and buy a proper English big game rifle.
 
I got ahold of the seller, he has about 100 virgin cases, (he’s not sure exactly) and some bullets. He told me the rifle was built by Ralf Martini, and that there is a recoil reducer in the stock.
Man, If he has an invoice or any provenance from Ralf that would be gold! Clean up some of the contours and get it resprayed!

Edit. Sorry. I thought this was a DM. :-). Same message remains true!
 
So, you are saying there is a chance . . .
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0921.png
    IMG_0921.png
    776 KB · Views: 117
So, OK, in a perfect world the rear sight island would be integral (not much that you can do about that), ...
I believe the rear portion of the double bridge is one-piece.
1737587611460.png
 
There is a strong resemblance here. The phone number for the seller was Canadian, and there is an import stamp on the barrel from the state of Washington.
Id say it’s very plausible that Ralf built it.
Yup. Just curious, but does it state, “BV LYNDEN, WA”?

The planets are aligning. I bet the seller’s post-sale representations are accurate, and as stated, clean it up and perhaps spring for a new bolt handle.
 
I believe the rear portion of the double bridge is one-piece.
View attachment 660270
@One Day... Disregard. I misunderstood.

You were talking about the rear sight island being integral to the barrel, not the rear of the DSB. This is an integral rear sight from my (now sold) CZ550.
1737589848028.png
 
Is 500 AHR a proprietary cartridge? What are the ballistics?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,338
Messages
1,573,297
Members
169,736
Latest member
FernKon189
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top