Maun/Okavango recommendations

Field28

AH elite
Joined
May 15, 2024
Messages
1,431
Reaction score
8,021
Location
South Carolina
Media
17
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Trying to hammer down my 2026 plans.
Close to booking a hunt but was thinking about doing an extra 2-4 days in or around Maun.

I've already found a helicopter tour and a brewery that I want to do.

Any advice on lodging? I've heard good things about Cresta and Island lodge.

Any other tours of the Okavango? Boat, truck?

Restaurants, bars, curios or anything else of interest?

Thanks in advance!!!
 
Yes, there are quite a few companies that operate tours out of Maun for Moremi. Our first time we used Botetis Tented Safari Lodge for accommodations and tours. The second time we stayed at Maun Lodge with our hunting outfit (NKWE Safaris) and they did our tour. Both experiences were great.
 
We drove by Maun Lodge on the then dry river and was going to stay there but stayed in camp instead. I thought the lodge appeared above average from the road view and they were kind to cancel with refund at the last minute, no fuss. Not much to do in Maun as a tourist, you could tour the Okavango. I was also suggested by others to stay at the Crocodile Camp outside of town.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,256
Messages
1,569,898
Members
168,772
Latest member
RSCChristi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top