Malawi: Fledgling Hunting Operation

AFRICAN INDABA

Contributor
AH enthusiast
Joined
Aug 21, 2009
Messages
402
Reaction score
163
Website
www.africanindaba.co.za
Media
70
Articles
182
Member of
CIC, Rowland Ward, B&C, DSC, German Hunting Association, KZN Hunting Association, Wild Sheep Foundation
Hunted
Western US, Western Canada, Alaska, Colombia, Tajikistan, Russian Federation, China, Iran, Austria, Germany, Spain, Czech Republic, UK, Indonesia, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Congo, Tanzania, Uganda, Botswana, Namibia
Malawi: Fledgling Hunting Operation
Information provided by Derek Macpherson

The little hunting that is going on in Malawi has been facilitated under a trial agreement renewable on an annual basis since 2010. Crocodile, hippo and wild fowl are the primary trophy animals included on the quota although there are a few plains game species (bushbuck, bushpig and duiker) and hyaena. The area given for hunting was anywhere in the country outside of Protected Areas but for practical reasons the hunting area is confined to the right bank of the Shire and in Elephant Marsh. The objective of this trail programme is to demonstrate to the authorities that responsible hunting can contribute to the wildlife management and tourism industry in Malawi, and provide a sustainable income stream to local communities. More information is available at Cluny Safaris | Weltweit Jagen und Fischen.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,343
Messages
1,573,494
Members
169,750
Latest member
IngridUfl0
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top