Searching for Grandfathers Sako

Maxx

Reaction score
My grandpa had many Sako rifles various calibers and models. When he died they were divided up amongst his children. Apparently there was an agreement that they would offer each other first-right-of-refusal before selling any of them. Unfortunately, one of the sons sold his without anyone knowing. I located it on this and contacted the original purchaser (on this thread) who replied that he "turned around and sold it immediately" and didn't have any further information on it or contact information of the purchaser.
I was wondering if anyone has seen this rifle (above-attached pictures) or may know its current whereabouts. Any information would be appreciated greatly. Would like to get it back as a reminder of my grandpa's Sako gun collecting passion; and am offering a generous Finder's Fee.

Thank you and kind regards!

Thank you very much--any help provided would be greatly appreciated both existentially and MONETARILY!!

That would be nice if you found and bought it. Keep us posted. I love my M.Lambert .416 Taylor on a Model 70 pre64
IMG_3072.jpeg
IMG_3152.jpeg
IMG_3153.jpeg
IMG_3154.jpeg
IMG_3168.jpeg
IMG_3174.jpeg
IMG_3170.jpeg
IMG_3178.jpeg
IMG_3177.jpeg

Thank you, I hope I can find it as well. I will provide a $700 Finder's Fee for any help in locating it.
Also, a very nice looking gun--thanks for sharing it.

@Maxx, I would respectfully recommend you start a new post with the rifle information you are looking for. I think this way you'll probably get more visibility. Just a thought. Good luck with finding the rifle.

@Maxx, I would respectfully recommend you start a new post with the rifle information you are looking for. I think this way you'll probably get more visibility. Just a thought. Good luck with finding the rifle.
Yes, and start it in the general guns section, not classified. Title it "Looking to recover ..." I glossed over this thread originally thinking it was a rifle for sale which it originally was. Your quest needs to be front and center in the title of a new thread. Perhaps link to this one. A moderator may be of some assistance. If I could find that gun for you, it wouldn't cost you a finder's fee. Not a dime. I would be upset if you offered me anything. I'm also a grandpa with a special gun. Just built a 404 Jeffery on a Mauser 98. Hope my grandson gets it someday. It's a beauty but pales in comparison to the one your family lost.

Thank you both for your feedback on this post. As an aside, I've tried to start a new thread and I get an error message for the site that I don't have enough status, which I am trying to figure out what it means. But I really appreciate your thoughts and will work on getting a post up as soon as possible.
Best regards!

Maxx,
It is very unfortunate that the person that bought and flipped the rifle didn't tell you who he sold it. He has to have that info. That is just rude not to divulge that info.
If he didn't want to unset the person he sold it to, he could have at least reached out to taht buyer and triued to help.
He may not have sold it on this site as many beople use GunBroker, Guns International, etc.
Best luck.

Para45, Ontario Hunter and 85lc, I've looked everywhere, anything you could do to help me would be appreciated greatly. If any of you would feel contacting the previous owner toes if you could get any information beyond what I've been able to get, I would forever in your debt. Thank you in advance!

Need to post pictures, if you have any. Also, if you still know who on this forum bought it, I'm sure there must be pictures in his profile, especially if he sold the rifle on this forum. I hope this helps.

Sounds like you could always be petty and report a straw purchase being that the admitted to immediately reselling it. Don't think it'd help the situation at all, but it's really weird that someone would admit that.

My grandpa had many Sako rifles various calibers and models. When he died they were divided up amongst his children. Apparently there was an agreement that they would offer each other first-right-of-refusal before selling any of them. Unfortunately, one of the sons sold his without anyone knowing. I located it on this and contacted the original purchaser (on this thread) who replied that he "turned around and sold it immediately" and didn't have any further information on it or contact information of the purchaser.
I was wondering if anyone has seen this rifle (above-attached pictures) or may know its current whereabouts. Any information would be appreciated greatly. Would like to get it back as a reminder of my grandpa's Sako gun collecting passion; and am offering a generous Finder's Fee.

Thank you and kind regards!
Any idea what part of the country it went to?

Unfortunately, I don't know anything specific about it. Another than I heard that a gun store in Logan, UT, USA had it for sale in 2018.

Thank you all for your thoughts, input, and feedback.

These are the only pics I have, which are from the ones he used to sell the gun.
Thank for all of your input and ideas.

View attachment 605547View attachment 605548View attachment 605549View attachment 605550
That glowing blonde spot in the cheekpiece is quite unusual. Should make it easy to spot this rifle if anyone has seen it. The fleur-de-lis checkering is also a bit unusual, especially on the forend. Note the "buds" on both sides of the stem. Gad, I hope you find it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
val2024

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….