Looking for: Laser engraver in Texas

LP67

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I want to put a game scene on one of my guns (metal part) and is hoping someone has used somebody in TX that they can recommend. Machine laser only not hand engrave . Thank you

these guys are very affordable and have super quick turn around time.. Ive had them engrave a bolt on a custom mauser for me in the past, and had them engrave a floorplate as well..

you can provide the art and they will set it up, send you a sample of what it will look like on your rifle, etc..

theyre over in San Augustine TX.. super nice people as well..

these guys are very affordable and have super quick turn around time.. Ive had them engrave a bolt on a custom mauser for me in the past, and had them engrave a floorplate as well..

you can provide the art and they will set it up, send you a sample of what it will look like on your rifle, etc..

Thank you will check them out

graylaser.com IN SAN ANTONIO HAS DONE SOME NICE ENGRAVING ON KNIVES AND DID SOME REALLY NICE SKULL/ANTLER & HOOF PRINTS ON A SAVAGE 1899 I DID UP FOR MY GRANDSON.

graylaser.com IN SAN ANTONIO HAS DONE SOME NICE ENGRAVING ON KNIVES AND DID SOME REALLY NICE SKULL/ANTLER & HOOF PRINTS ON A SAVAGE 1899 I DID UP FOR MY GRANDSON.
Thank you

I want to put a game scene on one of my guns (metal part) and is hoping someone has used somebody in TX that they can recommend. Machine laser only not hand engrave . Thank you
Bump

I tried them , they can only be reached by text or email according to the answering machine, bummer, was just up the road from me

That doesnt surprise me... Sucks though.. they do nice work for the price paid and turn things around super quick (its never taken them more than about 3 days to turn around anything I have sent them).. Jerry has gotten up in years and I think only sorta works as a side line now.. He used to do a lot of other mauser/sporter conversion work like bending bolt handles, drilling and tapping actions, etc.. but from what I can tell all he does now is the polishing and engraving work...

For what its worth, I just sent an M98 bolt assembly to them today.. I hadnt honestly thought about any engraving or polishing work needed lately.. but the OP reminded me I have a DIY build that I completed on a 30-06 a while back where the bolt assembly will look really nice brought up to a mirror polish like they are capable of doing..

Ive got the tools and knowledge of how to do that myself.. but for the price they charge ($49), its well worth it to just let Finchers do the work (It would take me a couple of hours of disassembly, cleaning, polishing, clean up, lubing, and reassembly at a minimum.. and they do extremely good work... so its just easier to farm that sort of thing out IMO)...

There's a guy on Texas Hunting Forum who does it but he doesn't have a website yet. Should have one up by the end of January.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hardasarock

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.