Loading up a .405 Winchester

In the interest of history and accuracy, barring further info from CRS to confirm that Osa was a PH, I asked these folks at the Johnsons Safari Museum for their thoughts and received this email.

"Hello Scott,

"Thank you for your email. Osa was indeed a superb marksman and hunted game to feed their large safari crews and to protect Martin as he filmed. Hunters continue to admire her skills and spunk. However, Osa did not work as a professional hunter and hunting wasn't the reason she and Martin were in Africa. Their focus was on documentary filmmaking, photography and writing."

If anyone has further info please post it here for us so we can have a better picture of this interesting and gutsy gal.

Thank you for posting, but gee didn't they PC that up for modern times !

Back in those days Hunters were held in high esteem & She-the couple were famous for it as well as the film making .

Great info on loading the 405Win here thanks guys .

Thank you for posting, but gee didn't they PC that up for modern times !

Back in those days Hunters were held in high esteem & She-the couple were famous for it as well as the film making .

Great info on loading the 405Win here thanks guys .
But their point is that is not why they went. They went there for film making and that it required shooting things for food and protection was secondary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!