Leupold VX-II 2-7x33 Shotgun scope

Nevada Mike

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Arizona, California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, So. Dakota, No. Dakota, Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Michigan, Saskatchewan, Old Mexico, British Columbia, Tanzania
I don't know if anyone here has tried this...if so, please comment.

I bought a Leupold VX-II 2 - 7 X 33 scope made for slug guns and muzzle loaders and fitted it with Talley mounts to my M70 .375 H&H Safari Express rifle. My rationale is that the generous eye relief and power band would work well on a 375 DG and general medium bore rifle. I have not shot it yet, but will do soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sweet scope - have one for my 7mm-08 VZ24 project. Lightweight, good magnification. Leupold designs their scopes to withstand .50 BMG recoil, so you should be fine in that department.

I don't know if anyone here has tried this...if so, please comment.

I bought a Leupold VX-II 2 - 7 X 33 scope made for slug guns and muzzle loaders and fitted it with Talley mounts to my M70 .375 H&H Safari Express rifle. My rationale is that the generous eye relief and power band would work well on a 375 DG and general medium bore rifle. I have not shot it yet, but will do soon.
Nevada, I have one on my 12ga Browning ABolt slug gun and have used it for almost 20 years - works very well and holds zero. Mine has the Heavy Duplex reticle which works great for fast target acquisition under 100 yrds or low light. The eye relief is good but still only proper gun mount and head placement will keep you from getting Magnum Eyebrow. The recoil (depending on which 12ga slug I use) is always brutal and why I “cringe” when I need to sight one in. Once sighted in - I Never check my zero again - unless I have a reason to suspect it’s off (my shoulder ‘thanks me” for this). I would “guess” it would hold up to a .375 H&H - as I own one and it’s recoil is “less” then my Slug gun....but you should test that theory and recheck zero a few times to be certain.

Yes, I have one on a 12ga mag also for about 20 years. GREAT scope. I have it’s little brother a Vari X 2 1x4 on a 458 Lott with at least 500 full rounds thru it and it’s still does what if should.
You made a good choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexseen12

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.