AH enthusiast
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.nkwesafarisbotswana.com
Deals & offers
Media
Nkwe Safaris Botswana Kalahari Leopard Tracking Hunt 2023

We have a Leopard available in the Kalahari area of Botswana. Hunt will be done by tracking with Hounds. We have been extremely successful with these hunts in the past.

Included:
Hounds
10 Full hunting days
Transport to and from Gaborone Airport
All meals accommodations and drinks
Trophy care and delivery to taxidermist
Gun use

Not Included:
Any before or after expenses
Airfare
Dip and pack
Taxidermy

Price: $37,500

$12,000 returned if not shot

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Was that Steenbok taken by hounds or hunted with a rifle?

Hunting these cats with good dogs must be an incredible experience.

Hi Brickburn

Steenbok was shot with rifle. Meat for the trackers.

How large of an area is this hunt on? What type of area is it? Just out of curiosity

Hi Wishfulthinker

The area is in the Kalahari of Botswana. Open areas with sand and grassland. Area is 700,000 hectares (1.7 million acres). We have been very successful with leopards this way.

Yes sir Brickburn

Exciting to say the least. Open areas so the chances of treeing the leopard is small. 80% of the time the leopard will be shot while charging. We also use shotguns for this reason

What make/ brand of buckshot do you use for the leopards? And what shotguns do you offer for clients?

What make/ brand of buckshot do you use for the leopards? And what shotguns do you offer for clients?

Hello Hunter-Habib

We can provide a semi auto Beretta or a Churchill over and under.

We use 3 inch 00 buck.

You are also more than welcome to bring your own shotgun

If you take a leopard like this i will be a real lifetime memory.
Very challenging maner of hunting.
Good luck selling this hunt.

Is the Leopard shot while you are on foot?

Are you suggesting they shoot from the truck?
Not suggesting anything…I am asking because I saw a Botswana dog hunt video where the “hunters” were hunting from the vehicle, and when the leopard charged, it was shot and died across the hood of the car

It made me sick. I was rooting for the leopard

Not suggesting anything…I am asking because I saw a Botswana dog hunt video where the “hunters” were hunting from the vehicle, and when the leopard charged, it was shot and died across the hood of the car

Shakka

The leopard is tracked on foot. Once the gap is being closed and the track is getting fresher and wet the dogs are sent out. The only way to keep up with a leopard and the dogs is to use the truck. If the leopard charges the truck then it is shot from the truck. If the leopard trees you get off and follow in until you can get a shot. If you did not shoot the leopard from the truck it will be on top of you in the truck. I completely understand if this is not for you. Otherwise there is always bait hunts.

That can be part of the natural conclusion of continually pushing the leopard with the bushmen and/or dogs in open country. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. The leopard makes a choice to come for you at some point. If the hunter happens to be in the bed of the truck at that moment, it's time to shoot the leopard before you and/or someone else gets shredded. I suspect that's way more intense than sniping a leopard out of a bait tree at night. Both are legal, viable options in certain areas.

Shakka

The leopard is tracked on foot. Once the gap is being closed and the track is getting fresher and wet the dogs are sent out. The only way to keep up with a leopard and the dogs is to use the truck. If the leopard charges the truck then it is shot from the truck. If the leopard trees you get off and follow in until you can get a shot. If you did not shoot the leopard from the truck it will be on top of you in the truck. I completely understand if this is not for you. Otherwise there is always bait hunts.
Sorry for derailing your thread....I should have thought about that before hitting the reply button.

You are correct, the hunt you offer must be exciting as hell, but not for me

That can be part of the natural conclusion of continually pushing the leopard with the bushmen and/or dogs in open country. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. The leopard makes a choice to come for you at some point. If the hunter happens to be in the bed of the truck at that moment, it's time to shoot the leopard before you and/or someone else gets shredded. I suspect that's way more intense than sniping a leopard out of a bait tree at night. Both are legal, viable options in certain areas.
You are right, and I apologized to the OP for derailing his thread.

Everyone has their own position on what is ethical or not.

I shot 2 Leopards over the years while hiding in the darkness of a blind and the cats had no idea that I was there until they were smashed by a bullet.....but I won't shoot one from a vehicle....which one is "Sportsman Like?" It's up to each of us, and as you said, as long as it's legal

I won't shoot a Cape Buffalo from a fenced-in farm in RSA or a Mountain Lion with dogs, but I shoot stocked Pheasant here in the USA all the time

Anyway, whoever buys this hunt will need to bring extra underwear;)

Last time I hunted there it was illegal to hunt from a vehicle. You had to be 200m minimum away from the vehicle.....maybe the regulations have changed, I will have to check.....

No sir never been in combat other then with my wife. If you were doing a baited hunt and a leopard charged you while your on the way to your bait, would you shoot it from the truck ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.