Ivory billiard balls

Betterinthebush

AH elite
Joined
Apr 13, 2025
Messages
1,375
Reaction score
5,486
Location
South Alabama
Media
43
Hunting reports
Africa
3
USA/Canada
1
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Lower 48, Alaska, Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
Have any of you gentlemen ever had your ivory reduced for billiard balls. If so have you used them? Were you happy you did it for a working memory or do you regret it? How was the play on them? Slower vs.faster, crisp contact or muted? I’ve never seen nor played real ivory and was curious if anyone else has/does.
 
Personally, I couldn't cut up any of my ele ivory for accessories...warthog and hippo yes but not ele.
 
Have any of you gentlemen ever had your ivory reduced for billiard balls. If so have you used them? Were you happy you did it for a working memory or do you regret it? How was the play on them? Slower vs.faster, crisp contact or muted? I’ve never seen nor played real ivory and was curious if anyone else has/does.
I read a book in the history of the ivory trade. In indicated that ivory billiard balls weren’t very durable and had to be kept in special cases to keep from losing shape due to humidity and temp changes. That they were the best for play but needed special care in storage etc.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,335
Messages
1,573,242
Members
169,726
Latest member
FayChecchi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top