Is anyone using a red dot sight on their CZ 550 ?

SkullKeeper

AH elite
Joined
Feb 1, 2021
Messages
1,639
Reaction score
3,104
Location
Virginia
Media
35
Hunting reports
Africa
6
Hunted
RSA, Tanzania, Zambia
I’m thinking about trying a red dot type of sight on my CZ 550 (505 Gibbs) but don’t know what holds up good or even has a quick release mounting system (much preferred). I’m not sure whether i want it mounted on the front base or rear base. All help is appreciated!
 
This is a 550 in .416 Rigby I did use a RMR on my .505 Gibbs also. With great results.
IMG_1239.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1226.jpeg
    IMG_1226.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 275
  • IMG_1230.jpeg
    IMG_1230.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 290
I use a RMR on my CZ 550 416 and had one for a Brno 602 in 458 Lott. Both were mounted on qd mounts from AHR. Works/ed well. I preferred mounting onthe front receiver ring.
Felt that I was limited to about 75/80 yds accuracy wise but did practice on the range at 100.
I felt a good deal of confidence in using them.
 
This is a 550 in .416 Rigby I did use a RMR on my .505 Gibbs also. With great results. View attachment 659373
I am going to look at all the options with York this week at SCI. He is wanting a new one. I wish the Kahles Helia was still being sold in the US. Yours looks good.
 
After consulting with the Forum, I too purchased the Trijicon SRO with 1 MOA dot. I purchased a quick release mount from AHR that fits the Trijicon. I have since found an additional AHR mount that will fit a Leupold sight. Both fit on the front mounting bridge of the BRNO/CZ, and so far, it has returned to zero every time.
 
I had a Trijicon RMR on my .416 Rigby, I used a mount made by Skinner Sights I believe. I no longer have the rifle because I didn’t need 2, but I think I kept the mount. It worked well.
 
Does anyone find that the RMR/SRO on the AHR mount are taller than a “low mount” scope ?
 
I’m thinking about trying a red dot type of sight on my CZ 550 (505 Gibbs) but don’t know what holds up good or even has a quick release mounting system (much preferred). I’m not sure whether i want it mounted on the front base or rear base. All help is appreciated!
I've killed a buffalo using a red dot on two different occasions now. The first was a Leica Tempus on my Krieghoff .470 NE, using a recknagel base/mount. This combo worked well initially, but somewhere through out the trip was severely knocked off zero. The second was an RMR mounted on my Sako Brown Bear in .450 Rigby, trijicon bases. The trijicon worked beautifully - I would definitely recommend going that direction.

I don't know what happened to the Leica, could be my fault, but it's the only optic I've ever knocked off of zero mid way through a trip - it lost my trust after that
 
Does anyone find that the RMR/SRO on the AHR mount are taller than a “low mount” scope ?
I did, so bought a comb riser from Midway USA. It came with several different pads so I could get the correct fit.
 
I've a Helia RD on an AHR mount on my .458 Lott. Very quick sighting system. I've a few hundred rounds through it without issue. If I recall correctly, there was some milling i had to have done to the base to fit that sight.

NPvcVeol.jpg
 
Ive got a Leoupold on my .458 win mag, its a pre 64 Winchester and not a CZ, works like a dream....
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,571,109
Members
169,107
Latest member
ShaniWorga
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top