Interesting 375 bullets

LeftySixgun

AH veteran
Joined
May 11, 2026
Messages
240
Reaction score
285
Location
Alabama
Media
2
Member of
SCI, HHI
I picked up some of these out of curiosity and MAYBE to use on a DG hunt at a later date.
Does anyone have any experience with these? Would they be good/suitable for buff and or hippo?
Hornady 300gr encapsulated FMJ RN #37277
There’s a 300gr RN SP Hornady in there for comparison
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7328.jpeg
    IMG_7328.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 67
There are much better solids being made today than the classic RN such as the various FN, Cup Point or hydrostatics. By all means shot those up getting good with your 375 though.
 
I would only use a round nose solid if I had to. There are plenty of better designs out there for the 375.
 
Those are valuable and desirable bullets, not something to be sprayed at the range.

Round nose bullets were the gold standard in the halcyon days of safari. Those are modern bullets no longer made, but of the best materials. The round nose bullets feed in falling blocks and double rifles better than pointed bullets. They tend to regulate better in vintage rifles because they have bearing surfaces similar to the original kynoch bullets. They will feed correctly in vintage magazine rifles that do not feed modern spire point bullets well.

I had several boxes of them that I sold on this forum for a significant premium because they are desirable and required in certain rifles.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,210
Members
169,956
Latest member
amapmerigh1987
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top