I could use some help using the search function

RichD

AH enthusiast
Joined
Aug 17, 2022
Messages
337
Reaction score
588
Location
Parker, Colorado
Media
11
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Member of
NRA (Life), RMEF, SCI, Aurora Gun Club (CO)
Hunted
Botswana
When I enter a multi-word item for a search, the results include posts with every individual word. For example, I'm looking for experience for Roots of Africa Safaris and results with each word come up. You can imagine the mess.

Same with H&H African Safaris or Thorn Mountain Safaris. Imagine all the results with H&H or African or Safaris.

Is there a way that I'm missing for an exact phrase match?

Any advice on this? Thanks in advance.
 
Check the “search titles only” box to narrow your search

Or insert a member name in “by member” if you know who posted something
 
Enclose the term you'd like to search in double-quotes. For example, entering "thorn mountain safaris" will do an exact search for those words in that order. Seems to be case insensitive as well.
Looks like that's the fix. Thanks much!!
 
Since sites like this are indexed by Google, you can always use their tools as well. For example, look at the search below that I typed in a Google search box::

site:www.africahunting.com "404 jeffery" "Woodleigh" -Leopard

By typing site: I can limit Google’s search to a single website.

Words or phrases in double quotes are required.

Words with a minus sign in front are excluded.

The example above will show you posts about using Woodleigh bullets in a 404 Jeffery that exclude leopard hunting.
 
Since sites like this are indexed by Google, you can always use their tools as well. For example, look at the search below that I typed in a Google search box::

site:www.africahunting.com "404 jeffery" "Woodleigh" -Leopard

By typing site: I can limit Google’s search to a single website.

Words or phrases in double quotes are required.

Words with a minus sign in front are excluded.

The example above will show you posts about using Woodleigh bullets in a 404 Jeffery that exclude leopard hunting.
That's excellent, odonata. Thank you so much. This old man has so much to learn. I appreciate your help!
 
The reason for my search is that last week at the Denver sportsman's expo I spoke with several SA PH's and got prices. But, thought this would be a good source for references. Unfortunately it seems like they're pretty unknown.
 
Based on that criteria, another example of a Google search would be:

"South Africa" "professional hunter" "Johan"

This would give links to pages about SA PH’s named Johan including links to posts on this site.

You can adjust the phrases to refine your results.
 
Since sites like this are indexed by Google, you can always use their tools as well. For example, look at the search below that I typed in a Google search box::

site:www.africahunting.com "404 jeffery" "Woodleigh" -Leopard

By typing site: I can limit Google’s search to a single website.

Words or phrases in double quotes are required.

Words with a minus sign in front are excluded.

The example above will show you posts about using Woodleigh bullets in a 404 Jeffery that exclude leopard hunting.

This will do the trick by using all those spiders crawling AH.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,945
Members
169,655
Latest member
NehuSinhi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top