Hunting Safari Preparation Timeline

This is pretty good stuff! I am still confused on how to coordinate trophy dipping and packing with shipping and then to a taxidermist. How do you know for sure what trophy tags you need, is it based on what the list of species for the hunt you are going on? What if you do not get to shoot all of the hunted species? My questions almost seem too obvious...I may be overthinking.

On both of my safaris I picked a package deal for X species of animals for $XXXX amount of dollars. If I didn't kill all that was on my package it was on me. Any other animals were extras that you pay the trophy fee for. My first hunt I added a warthog and a black wildebeest to my list. I didn't get the warthog and the outfitter refunded the cost of it to me since I had prepaid. Some outfitters will allow you to mix and match different animals that is on your list, you just need to talk to them.

My importer coordinates all the dip & pack along with the shipping to my taxidermist or my taxidermist here in the US. They actually handle everything after I pull the trigger and the animal hits the skinning shed.

On both of my safaris I picked a package deal for X species of animals for $XXXX amount of dollars. If I didn't kill all that was on my package it was on me. Any other animals were extras that you pay the trophy fee for. My first hunt I added a warthog and a black wildebeest to my list. I didn't get the warthog and the outfitter refunded the cost of it to me since I had prepaid. Some outfitters will allow you to mix and match different animals that is on your list, you just need to talk to them.

My importer coordinates all the dip & pack along with the shipping to my taxidermist or my taxidermist here in the US. They actually handle everything after I pull the trigger and the animal hits the skinning shed.
Who is your importer, if you don't mind my asking? I am just doing long range research for a potential future trip.

It's Safari Specialty Importers. Tom of @TROPHY SHIPPERS who is a vendor on the site here also does a good job. There are also a number of others out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg