Hornady DGS BONDED

So my contact at Federal says that .375 is made on a 24 month manufacturing cycle. In other words, they do a run of it (150-200) cases at a time every 24 mo. He did not know when the next run might be done. He did say they had a bit of the .416 calibers as well as the .470 and .458's still in inventory.

Personally, I think you are okay with the Hornady DGX bonded.

You can always try Hendershots for the Swift A Frames. Their website is saying 4-6 weeks delivery

1642111494611.png

I have just bought 150 Hornady 410 bonded bullets and the reason I did was because of all the positive reports on this forum. Some folks are still prejudiced against Hornady, but I wonder if that is just hangover from the past and they can't move on? All manufacturers make mistakes, but if they have corrected it, move on!

Kevin,

I’m not prejudiced, I’m mad and I don’t trust them. Their non-bonded bullets failed me in a spectacular way in a very tight situation on a buffalo. I wouldn’t be so mad if they hadn’t spent years telling us there was no problem, while at the same time working to develop a fix to the problem.

I hope the new bullet works well for those using them. I suspect that they have corrected the issue. I’ve laid in enough A-Frames and TBBC’s that I will never have to find out.

WAB

The DGX Bonded question seems to be coming up alot lately, below my comment Iv'e posted on other threads recently.

I posted this comment recently in another thread about the DGX Bonded. I have used it quite a bit in the field on big game (scrub bulls) in the 300 grain 375 calibre. Great performance and a great bullet IMO. Good expansion and the petals are quite jaggered and sharp so leaves a big wound channel, great penetration, the bullet holds together well. I would not hesitate to use the DGX bonded in any calibre on any game. The only reason I haven't used them more often is because I am in Australia and have had good access to Woodleighs at very reasonable prices. From what I have seen in the field I would say the DGX bonded is a tougher bullet than a Woodleigh.

Also I should have mentioned in regards to my comment about the DGX bonded being a tougher bullet than the Woodleigh from what I have seen in the field, the DGX bonded jacket is 2.5mm thick where as the Woodleigh has a jacket 1.6mm thick. I'm sure this has quite a bit to do with it.

Also tougher because the DGX jacket is copper plated steel, not copper or gilding metal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisa56S81

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.