Hodgdon powder

Arms manufacturing being one of the oldest manufacturing industries, often used dimensions, thread pitches and all manner of "standards" well before the development of engineering standards in the wider community hence the need for the "Enfield Inch" and some of the weird threads encountered on Lee Enfields etc. In Europe, Paul Mauser did his design sketches in metric, and then converted to Imperial approximations because his machine tools were made in England (which explains some of the odd dimensions, Whiworth thread forms and non-standard TPI). Threads on Siamese mausers are a combination of German Mauser (psudo-whitworth) and Japanese armoury specials designed prior to the adoption of either imperial or metric measuring systems.
Thank you. I have now been further educated. If you want a screw or bolt for a very old BSA air rifle you go to John Knibbs OR possibly his successor by now. Mr Knibbs bought up BSAs surplus stock of parts when they stopped making firearms, that stock including parts for very old air rifles. I suspect that pretty much all the firearm parts are long gone but if you own an antique BSA airgun, that is your source of original parts.
 
Getting back to propellants, Hodgdon sells ADI Benchmark 2 (now called BM2) as Hodgdon Benchmark BUT they do not sell Benchmark 1 (now called BM1). BM1 is a good .222 Rem propellant and has long been renowned as the best propellant for .444 Marlin, etc, i.e. better than Reloder 7. The Yanks do not always get the best stuff! :)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,358
Messages
1,574,088
Members
169,897
Latest member
MichellDes
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top