Help needed near Austin, TX

My brother-in-law and his wife want to get started shooting and hunting. He is originally from Northern California and she is from the UK. He’s a manager for Apple and they recently moved back to the States from Singapore. The live in The Hills community that is a little west of Austin. He’s never owned a firearm of any kind and is a novice.

They are interested in home defense, waterfowl hunting and deer hunting. Are there any AH members in the Austin area that can help them get firearms training classes and Hunter Ed classes? A good gun store? Where to go and start? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
@Scott CWO
If'n they don't mind a 2hour drive to El Campo they could go see @ Mark Biggerstaff at R&M Firearms. I'm sure he would see them right.
Bob
 
Feel free to message me and I can pass along my number. Happy to help with any questions. I grew up in the Hills and live in West Austin now.

The home defense gave me a bit of a chuckle for The Hills, it is a retirement community in a gated neighborhood. I would save the defense for when they are in their vehicle anywhere East of I-35.
@JINKLE
I lived in a gated community for a few weeks. Boring as batshit to me, food was lousy, the neighbours were all mad bastards and some tough as hell but nice when you got to know them.
The main thing I didn't like was the routine and the blokes in uniform wandering around watching you. Security was maximum, impossible to go out for the night.
Someone said they were guards.
Just because it was a prison doesn't mean anything it was just a gated community.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
Bob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,422
Members
169,356
Latest member
BrentonSco
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top