Help a guy out!

I think the current market for a sporterized '17 Enfield is $900-$1,000. However, very tough to evaluate it like this (online) - quality of work, condition of blueing, bore condition, etc., all can impact things significantly. Is the stock bedded? Pillars? Recoil pad hardened into a rock? To me the value would lie in using it to slay critters vs. being pretty. YMMV.
 
You could ASSUME it is .30-06, but that doesn't verify the prior owner(s) didn't have it re-bored to .35 Whelen, for example. Take a round of .30-06 and see it the bullet end fits into the muzzle - that would 98% mean it is .30-06 - only certain way is cerro-cast the chamber - a local gunsmith should be able to do that for you.

I think the current market for a sporterized '17 Enfield is $900-$1,000. However, very tough to evaluate it like this (online) - quality of work, condition of blueing, bore condition, etc., all can impact things significantly. Is the stock bedded? Pillars? Recoil pad hardened into a rock? To me the value would lie in using it to slay critters vs. being pretty. YMMV.
What does you think is better leave it as is sporterized or try and located an original stock for this gun?
 
I would leave it as is - receiver has been drilled and tapped, so you really cannot restore the rifle to mil-spec.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,263
Messages
1,570,945
Members
169,204
Latest member
CaroleBraz
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top