Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA
Hunted
USA, RSA
Does anyone know a gunsmith who will work on a Browning A-Bolt? I have a white gold medallion in 7mm mag and I'm looking to refinish the stock, remove the BOSS, and shorten the barrel from 26 to 24 inches. OR I may just sell it. My understanding is that Brownings are notoriously difficult to work on . . .

Last edited:
Check out arts gun shop. If you look on there web sights you can see there prices. They do a lot of browning restorations. Best of luck

I do work on Brownings. Be glad to talk.

I do work on Brownings. Be glad to talk.
Have you any experience with the ABolt mountain titanium? There is a sleeve in the receiver that seems to pose a problem for some when removing a barrel. Are you familiar with this particular issue? I’ve read significant damage can occur if not heated properly before attempting to remove a barrel on that particular model. I’ve also read that some gunsmiths don’t find it to be a problem. I asked one gunsmith if he would do a truing job on it and he said no. Also, when I asked Browning they said don’t remove the barrel. What is your opinion ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckinleySv

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.