Gun Case Size Restrictions

Delta

I just flew to Africa from Denver via Atlanta on Delta (13th Jan 2011) with an SKB double bow case and had no problems, case was checked in as normal and away I went, no hint of extra charges due to size. I also checked in a large snow board bag at the same time which is certainly oversize and again no issue with this either, although both oversize cases were well under the 50 lbs per item limit.
I think weight is more of an issue than size, as long as your cases are easy to handle and transport you should be good to go.
 
I'm dragging this old thread from the archives.
Starting to look at options for a case to fly with my Mauser M03 with two barrels/scopes/etc. Leaving from Belgium (Europe) always.

Are there any new rules/restrictions to observe, when travelling to Africa? Or do some African countries have new rules or different ones depending on destination?

Lastly, for the EU members, where would you buy Pelican cases in Europe? After reading some other threads on the topic, the Pelican 1700 comes out highly recommended. In the US this case is advertised around 220 USD without foam. In Europe, I found only one website offering them, but for around 430EUR (=570 USD)...
 
I'm dragging this old thread from the archives.
Starting to look at options for a case to fly with my Mauser M03 with two barrels/scopes/etc. Leaving from Belgium (Europe) always.

Are there any new rules/restrictions to observe, when travelling to Africa? Or do some African countries have new rules or different ones depending on destination?

Lastly, for the EU members, where would you buy Pelican cases in Europe? After reading some other threads on the topic, the Pelican 1700 comes out highly recommended. In the US this case is advertised around 220 USD without foam. In Europe, I found only one website offering them, but for around 430EUR (=570 USD)...
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 10.15.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 10.15.34 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 211
thanks for the link @DieJager !
No problem, I had the same question as you did some time ago and researched the web. Already had the website bookmarked for future spending ;)
 
No problem, I had the same question as you did some time ago and researched the web. Already had the website bookmarked for future spending ;)
Have you travelled to Africa with a gun already @DieJager ? I would imagine that the hassles, rules and regulations for the Netherlands would not be too different from Belgium.
 
Have you travelled to Africa with a gun already @DieJager ? I would imagine that the hassles, rules and regulations for the Netherlands would not be too different from Belgium.
No, not yet. And will not in the near future. Next years hunt in SA I will use a rental. Just easier than al the extra work but I will do it somewhere along the line. You are already planning your next adventure it seems?
 
No, not yet. And will not in the near future. Next years hunt in SA I will use a rental. Just easier than al the extra work but I will do it somewhere along the line. You are already planning your next adventure it seems?
Not quite just yet. First marriage, and then we'll see. But in the mean time, I'd like to get my gear in order. :-)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,343
Messages
1,573,466
Members
169,749
Latest member
LeoraBoelk
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top