Ghost and more

Jörg Krüger

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa
Just a "fun" discussion. I have had some weird encounters in my life. One I can vivadly remember was on my Uncle's farm, (as always) walking across the inner courtyard too my sleeping courters. I had to walk from the kitchen too the bedroom across the said courtyard. Now this room had an automatic door closing device, meaning that as soon as you opened the door and let go, the spring would close the door. As I I walked over the inner courtyard, I heard the door smack closed via the closing mechanism. Keeping in mind that once you are inside the room you would need hands to pull the door open from the inside. Sure somebody( read thing) could push the door inwards but it will have to be pulled by the doorhandle too open it up.
As I heard the door smack closed ,I thought it was the farm dog "Bauzi" who wanted to sleep by me and pushed the door open to enter the room. As I entered the bedroom there was no dog, no person there.
It scared the crap out of me.
So what are your strange encounters?
I have a couple more, but would love to read yours

Thankfully no ghosts for me but I did have a brief out-of-body experience when I walked into the room where my wife was holding the receipts from my last two gun purchases. :oops:

I can’t wait until she finds out I’m looking for a .375 H&H.
That’s likely when I end up being the ghost.

I have ever had one strange unexplained experience . while on a moose I had a enclosed trailer I was staying in, I was setup in a abandoned farmyard next to a small shop there was a very old twostory farm house on one side and this shop on the other. The shop had bifold garage door. It would open left to right and was open just far enough to sneak in. There was power inside so I plugged my trailer into it. While walking in this shop to find a power outlet I noticed a trouble light hooked onto 1 foot long steel bar mounted to the wall at 45 degrees. For whatever reason it caught my attention. Next to it was my outlet. I spent the first night without any issues there. I had a covered cook shack setup outside next to this garage and my only means of a toilet was a 5 gallon pail. So for privacy I decided to set it up in this empty garage. As I walked in, pail in hand, I stopped a few steps in the doorway. As I looked to setup the trouble light on this steel rail to my right slowly slid all the way up and off the rail. It fell to the table below and rolled off on to the ground. I stood there for awhile looking at this light. I pretended it didn’t happen and slowly walked out. That entire day I thought about how it could slide up that foot long rail and fall off. That night my coolers and tables flipped over. From the wind I presume but I kept my head lamp on that doorway while I cleaned it up. It kept my brain marinating on how that light moved by itself. For the entire hunt simply couldn’t explain it.

I once had a UFO type sighting... I'd made it out to the property I'd be hunting one deer season morning, well before dawn. As I parked the truck, I noticed something strange.

A "star" was moving. But not a shooting star, it was moving up, down, left, right, all within a relatively small space. Puzzled, I watched it for 5-10 minutes. It was not a plane, not a shooting star, not a farmhouse light or anything that made any sense. I know that land very well, having grown up and spent time all around that area (for many miles and miles) my entire life. There is still nothing I can think of that would make any sense. The only possibile idea I have is someone had a drone with a light on it, but even that seems extremely unlikely: it's in the middle of nowhere, in the dark at hours most are asleep, not near any house or place you'd expect someone to be, and there were no other hunters in that area, plus it was in such a small area of movement. I drove the area after hunting with no help in finding an answer. To this day it remains a mystery.

My girlfriend and I moved into a place four years ago and every night when we lay down in bed, we hear faint music. Looked all over hell and couldn't find the source. We couldn't hear it unless we were laying down for a few minutes. It was weird and the old lady was freaking out. I told her to ignore it and don't talk about it in the house and after a year or so it pretty much stopped. I hear it once in a while now but not often. I just told the old lady not to talk about it in the house so it would end the conversation every night LOL . I don't give a shit about it as long as it's just a little music. Never really anything else strange there.

my friend after reporting the sighting of a ugly fat object after a dance at a local bar.

DSCN9979 (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
My experinece that jus now came to mind, (with previous UFO sightings) turned out not to be so strange.

I was young 2nd mte, OOW, on ocean going vessel.
Dogs watch was mine.
At cca 02.00 am, after midnight, I went out from bridge, to stbd wing to take temperature, humidity, and make visual check around.
I went at stbd wing, and when looked above the monkey island (roof of the bridge) I saw two moons!
Two moons!
I really thuought at first, to be crazy.
I looked again, and two moons were there!
After considering being crazy for a moment, next was to consider sharing this discovery with my rating wahchkeeper, in the wheelhouse.

But, i wisely decided to keep it all to myself, for the moment, and ivestigate a bit deeper into the matter. Partly I also wanted to keep my authority, in front of the ratings.

The weather was good, vsl doing jouyfully 18 kts, wind blowing to our stern.
(this will later proove to be the factor)
I checked again - two moons, and my vision was checked as well. So, two moons are still there, and my vision is good. Except for the two moons, nothing else I see in double picture, or blurred. I was on duty and very much sober, having two cups of coffee earlier, and vessel was dry, no alcohol on board

Now, this is a mistery.
Next, photography doesnt lie, so next step was to take ships camera, and make a photo, of the two moons. Evidence and records to be taken!

But, if taking a photo from stbd wing, the moons were over monkey island, mast and funnel, so I had better idea to make photo from port side wing, wihtout any visual obstructions.

I went with camera to other side, across the bridge to port side bridge wing.
Looking up, and there was one moon! Where is the second one?!
I went back, to stbd side - two moons again!
Whats happening?

Then I realised.
The hot air, from funnel exaust, with wind blowing to our stern - almost same speed as ships, made almost vertical column of extremely hot air, mooving same speed as the vessel, creating specific mirage effect, and I was watching the moon through it.
And reflction of light through hot air created visual appearance of two moons, when looking above from stbd wing. Mirage!
Mistery solved.
I relaxed, took mental note of my observation, and went back to my watchkeeping duties.

In 20 years of navigation, it was the only time that I witnessed such phenomenon.

I have interest in the paranormal and have ghost hunted some famous locations in a small group setting as well as in private. I wouldn't call it a hobby and don't take vacations to paranormal spots --- but I take advantage of the locations when I am there. Sometimes nothing happens, sometimes little odd things happen that can't be easily explained but not yet paranormal (I think too often people jump to conclusions), and other times very odd things do happen.

I had my hand jerked about a 12" at the famous Pensacola Lighthouse, heard a very loud distinct disembodied voice (meaning hearing words with my own ears vs my tape recorder playback) inside the gas chamber of a state prison, spent 2 nights alone inside the famous room of 1790 Inn in Savannah where 5 minutes in the closet started rattled aggressively, and was absolutely terrified underneath the infamous Sorrel-Weed house in Savannah where the term "shadow man" was coined (though I never experienced anything there but that feeling).

I hope my daughter grows up to have interest in it. I'd like to have a nice bonding weekend at the viscilla axe murder house :eek::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Thankfully no ghosts for me but I did have a brief out-of-body experience when I walked into the room where my wife was holding the receipts from my last two gun purchases. :oops:

I can’t wait until she finds out I’m looking for a .375 H&H.
That’s likely when I end up being the ghost.
@Randy F
You can't blame me for the 375 mate your on your own with that one.
You could always say they made a mistake on the caliber and it should have been 35 Whelen on the barrel and that's why I got it at a bargain price. You could then have blamed me.
Bob

I have interest in the paranormal and have ghost hunted some famous locations in a small group setting as well as in private. I wouldn't call it a hobby and don't take vacations to paranormal spots --- but I take advantage of the locations when I am there. Sometimes nothing happens, sometimes little odd things happen that can't be easily explained but not yet paranormal (I think too often people jump to conclusions), and other times very odd things do happen.

I had my hand jerked about a 12" at the famous Pensacola Lighthouse, heard a very loud distinct disembodied voice (meaning hearing words with my own ears vs my tape recorder playback) inside the gas chamber of a state prison, spent 2 nights alone inside the famous room of 1790 Inn in Savannah where 5 minutes in the closet started rattled aggressively, and was absolutely terrified underneath the infamous Sorrel-Weed house in Savannah where the term "shadow man" was coined (though I never experienced anything there but that feeling).

I hope my daughter grows up to have interest in it. I'd like to have a nice bonding weekend at the viscilla axe murder house :eek::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I’ve spent a lot of time in the low country. Voodoo all over there.

no personal experiences, but a few of lights on, ringing kid’s bicycle bell at my uncles place.

the one story I think about often though is a friend of a friend had a young boy about 8-9 or so who became very sick and was so for quite a while. One day the boy’s father was holding him on his lap rocking him back forth talking to him very quietly. In the middle of the conversation the boy fell silent for a few moments and then suddenly lifted his head and began staring the upper corner of the room. Then he sad to his dad, “They’re here, I’ve got to go,” and fell back into his dad’s arms, dead.

no personal experiences, but a few of lights on, ringing kid’s bicycle bell at my uncles place.

the one story I think about often though is a friend of a friend had a young boy about 8-9 or so who became very sick and was so for quite a while. One day the boy’s father was holding him on his lap rocking him back forth talking to him very quietly. In the middle of the conversation the boy fell silent for a few moments and then suddenly lifted his head and began staring the upper corner of the room. Then he sad to his dad, “They’re here, I’ve got to go,” and fell back into his dad’s arms, dead.
@baxterb
My mum was in bed one night when there was a knock at the door. I answered it and told mum it was the police.
They said they have some news for my mum. She told them they didn't have any news that she didn't already know. She then told them her father had died and told them what time it happened.
They asked how she knew because we had no house phone at the time.
When she told them there were 2 aboriginal people on a see saw at the foot of her bed. When the see saw (teeter totter) stopped her father died.
The police looked at her strangely and said yeah whatever and walked off.
Bob.

@Randy F
You can't blame me for the 375 mate your on your own with that one.
You could always say they made a mistake on the caliber and it should have been 35 Whelen on the barrel and that's why I got it at a bargain price. You could then have blamed me.
Bob
Haha! Well what makes you think I'm blaming you?!
Besides I haven't even bought the .375 yet.
I'm finally at the point were I can and I'm looking...I just haven't informed the warden about it...and in the interest of my health and flying jars of pickled beets, I believe I will refrain from doing so.

Well now that one is just goose bump creepy.

@baxterb
My mum was in bed one night when there was a knock at the door. I answered it and told mum it was the police.
They said they have some news for my mum. She told them they didn't have any news that she didn't already know. She then told them her father had died and told them what time it happened.
They asked how she knew because we had no house phone at the time.
When she told them there were 2 aboriginal people on a see saw at the foot of her bed. When the see saw (teeter totter) stopped her father died.
The police looked at her strangely and said yeah whatever and walked off.
Bob.

Amazing.

Stories like this remind me of Shakespeare:

“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, then are dreamt of in your philosophies.”

Compare this scenario of the young boy to the description of Sam Kinison’s (the comedian) death after a car crash:

30A6BFEB-7028-407E-8BCC-5DF5B999507C.png

Something I forgot to mention. When my brother and I were teenagers, we came home after Thanksgiving or Christmas at my grandma's. Later that night my brother was very upset. My dad told me that my brother thought he saw grandpa earlier that day (he had been dead a year or so at that point). My only response was "I saw him too"

I saw him 2 or 3 times over the years until the house was sold. My guess is he is still there as the haunting seemed more residual

Haha! Well what makes you think I'm blaming you?!
Besides I haven't even bought the .375 yet.
I'm finally at the point were I can and I'm looking...I just haven't informed the warden about it...and in the interest of my health and flying jars of pickled beets, I believe I will refrain from doing so.
@RandyF
You are one of the few where asking for forgiveness isn't an option. For you it's always ask permission. Healthier for you.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg