Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
I think a fountain pen is another one of those things that adds to one's daily life. Gold, ink, and paper create a permanent record of a day in the field. Like a custom wood stock, blued steel, leather goods, fine wine, good music...

I remember having one when I was about 13. They allow for elegant and artistic cursive writing. Also I think they help create a rhythm which in turn assists the brain to compose at a pace best for creative writing. The irreversible and unforgivable nature of the application forces slowing the transfer of thought process to paper. :)

Got a pair of Conklins I've managed to keep track of. Lost a few others over the past 20 years. My father was enamores with my Conklin All American when he saw it last year so he gained one for his last birthday.
20230106_100501.jpg

Lamy: a couple of Safaris and a Makrolon 2000. Blue and black ink. NB Makrolon is the brand of ABS plastic used in Steyr SSG69 stocks.
Years ago I had a Parker 45 made up by their local repair guy with a nib that allowed me to do italic and cursive, basically a broad nib with rounded edges that allowed dual use. Modern commercial stationers look blank when I tell them about it.

I‘ve long had a hankering for an original Duofold ...

one of these days

There is nothing so personal as a hand written letter on home stationery sent through the post with stamps. My favourite ink is Mont Blanc Purdey single malt.
View attachment 509674View attachment 509674

I too like Mont Blanc inks, my favorite is Midnight Blue.

16D9AC16-A08C-4F29-8C9B-CA3FD6E29266.jpeg

Modern commercial stationers look blank when I tell them about it.
It seems these days most salespeople are not at all knowledgeable or perhaps more accurately are ignorant about the products they sell. This applies to most items. From pens through wine, and firearms to cars. Most of the time within the first minute of talking to the individual I realise I will receive no meaningful assistance from them. I find this unacceptable, to me it is simply a lousy work attitude. More annoying still is the fact most of them don’t realise or accept just how blissfully ignorant they are adding further to my frustration. I could never work that way.

I too like Mont Blanc inks, my favorite is Midnight Blue.

View attachment 509776

It seems these days most salespeople are not at all knowledgeable or perhaps more accurately are ignorant about the products they sell. This applies to most items. From pens through wine, and firearms to cars. Most of the time within the first minute of talking to the individual I realise I will receive no meaningful assistance from them. I find this unacceptable, to me it is simply a lousy work attitude. More annoying still is the fact most of them don’t realise or accept just how blissfully ignorant they are adding further to my frustration. I could never work that way.
I thoroughly agree, there is little pride in capability these days.

I’ve been drooling over Montblanc x Purdey Meisterstück edition

Image1673090453.153081.jpg

Another pen I really like, also a Mont Blanc, is 149 John Harrison edition.

Image1673090542.069631.jpg

This is most of my collection

View attachment 509806

View attachment 509807

View attachment 509808

View attachment 509809

View attachment 509810

Conklin, Wahl Eversharp, Parker Duofold, Parker 51, Parker 45.
When you come to the States, visit the Fountain Pen Hospital on Warren St, in NYC. I think it is one of the best fountain pen shops in America. They are online, too. Hope you enjoy. Great collection. (I collect and use Pelikan, Mont Blanc, Parker, Waterman, and received a wonderful silver Caran d’Ache from my wife for Christmas.)

I still have my father's Scheaffer pen. The companion mechanical pencil was stolen when he allowed me to take it to school when I was in elementary school.

When you come to the States, visit the Fountain Pen Hospital on Warren St, in NYC. I think it is one of the best fountain pen shops in America. They are online, too. Hope you enjoy. Great collection. (I collect and use Pelikan, Mont Blanc, Parker, Waterman, and received a wonderful silver Caran d’Ache from my wife for Christmas.)

I know them, and bought a few items from them over the years.

They have an excellent reputation wordwide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix19312

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.