Flying with guns through EWR

DWill

Reaction score
I was booked with DL from Houston connecting in Atlanta to Johannesburg. Delta canceled the flight. Other option is United connecting in EWR. Anyone flown thru EWR? Will the gun be checked all the way to johannesburg? For customs, how difficult is it with a gun? Their gun laws are so restrictive. Dont know if I should book going thru EWR. Any advice appreciated.

Welcome to AH!
Looking at the same route as well if United does indeed fly.

Starts in June I think. I'm going in July. This is the 5th time that DL canceled. Fed up with that airline. The outfitter has to reschedule me every time. Beyond frustrating. Just not sure about EWR.

If United doesn't end up flying as expected
And if added time isn't an issue, Qatar has been a solid go to during this whole goat rope.

I wouldn't even risk a cancellation at this time and just book with Qatar and go hunting.

I was booked with DL from Houston connecting in Atlanta to Johannesburg. Delta canceled the flight. Other option is United connecting in EWR. Anyone flown thru EWR? Will the gun be checked all the way to johannesburg? For customs, how difficult is it with a gun? Their gun laws are so restrictive. Dont know if I should book going thru EWR. Any advice appreciated.
As I recall i just recently read someone saying they had a good experience leaving from jersey. Something about a problem in jfk and they took a bus over there. I believe it might have been in the current thread about problems with tsa. You could pm the member that wrote about it ?

Regarding United through EWR, I am booked for early August. Gracy Travel booked flights for me and said historically they have had very few issues with travel through Newark with guns. Also, these United flights seem to have been filling up pretty well, so I believe confidence is pretty high they will go off as planned. I imagine some of the Delta cancellation issues have arisen due to United adding their competitive routes. When I booked, flights on United were $1800. Delta $3200. So...

Post in thread 'TSA Behavior, Destructiveness and Airline Difficulty' https://www.africahunting.com/threa...ness-and-airline-difficulty.63132/post-777399

This member said it was easy. You might want to pm him.

Welcome to AH

I booked United for this year end o May when they postponed and was moved to Ethiopian without an issue. The family is coming over on the June 3 inaugural flight and every seat in business is full. On the return there are just a handful of business and comfort plus seats left.

Going through Newark is not going to be an issue with guns. You will never see them. When I hit JNB I will have Air 2000 help me along with my bags for the trip into Zim.

DWill New Jersey's state gun laws are draconian but they don't override FEDERAL LAW. I use to fly out of EWR all the time for business. The airport just sucks because its dirty, crowded and they only have 2 run ways operating causing delays all the time. You'll be fine connecting there. The airport is run by federal law they have no authority to bother you if your guns & ammo are properly stored and you have your tickets and proper paper work, your 4457 form.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg