Flat point copper solids for hunting mule deer?

Generally an all copper bullet will be longer than its equivalent weight in a jacketed or lead bullet. You didn't indicate what type of rifle your 45 Colt is. First consideration would have to be whether the chosen bullet will feed through the magazine and action (unless you're using a single shot). If you're using a 300g copper projectile it might not leave much room for powder or alternatively not cycle through the action.. I know you prefer an all copper bullet, but another option would be the Sierra 300g JSP Sports Master. Its not an all copper bullet but will meet the "expanding" bullet mandate. At the velocity you envision it will behave like a flat point solid. Good luck with your research and subsequent hunt. Look forward to your hunt report.
Thanks for sharing, I just took a quick look at that sierra JSP, I like what I see and it's going to get a closer look.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,570,773
Members
169,014
Latest member
EmmanuelPo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top