First Cape Buffalo

That´s a nice buff, congrats :D Cheers:
 
Wow what a story and what a result. Don't beat yourself up! Is it possible the rifle is shooting a little high? That would explain why the bullet just clipped a lung. If you were sighted in at 100 and shot at 80 it's a possibility I guess???...??
 
Beautiful bull and honest story telling! Sometimes they don’t always go the way we want them to (I have been there more than once). End result was good and you guys made it happen. I hope I get to make a buffalo hunt soon.
 
Congratulations on taking a wonderful buffalo and an adventure where nobody got injured. Having lost a buffalo bull myself, I can appreciate what you were going through on your follow-up.

You mentioned getting a better scope and a 2-10x42 makes an excellent choice for a 374 to 416 caliber rifle, and for buffalo hunting. One thing I’ll strongly suggest is that you get a scope with an illuminated red dot as it makes a huge difference in shooting during low light. Imagine your buffalo scenario again, but with a bright red dot at the intersection of your cross hairs. It would have been much easier to make a killing shot. I use Leupold and love their Firedot reticle; but there are other excellent options from Zeiss & Swarovski, among others.

Your 416 with a 2-10 and Firedot will be outstanding for buffalo.
 
I have had the privilege to hunt with Limcroma four times thus far. This past trip, which I got back from this past Sunday, I hunted my first buffalo. Hunting buff is absolutely addicting. I don't think I will ever go and hunt Africa again without having buff on the agenda. Just wanted to share a couple pics of my buff. Ready to get him home and in the trophy room!View attachment 768509
View attachment 768510
View attachment 768511
Beautiful bull! Congratulations!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,278
Messages
1,571,477
Members
169,362
Latest member
MarleneHed
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top