Final 500 jeffery load

boldo 42

AH veteran
Joined
Aug 9, 2015
Messages
150
Reaction score
102
Location
QLD Australia
Member of
SSAA
Righto fellas , after quiet a bit of testing i've settled on 115grn win 760 behind a woodleigh 600grn pp . Out of the 22"sako barrel this puts out 2200fps and 6500 ftlbs , doesn't shake your teeth out so i don't need to go any harder. I will be trying the 535grn a bit later for a nostalgia trip so stay tuned....now where did that cape buff go.
 
what temperature did you try this load at?

i ask because W760 tends to be very temp sensitive. if your even slightly high in the pressure range and the load was developed at low temps then you may find your rifle getting stuck in the African heat.

-matt
 
Load was put together at 30 Celsius , i'll run these again when she hits in the 40's , thanks for the heads up . If it proves to be a problem i'll just have to go back to adi powders.
 
if you dont have any pressure problems at 40C then id say your set. a 600gr solid at 2200fps is going to get you some serious penetration.

-matt
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,319
Messages
1,572,861
Members
169,631
Latest member
ONJKassie
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top