Favored mounting hardware?

GaryO

AH senior member
Joined
Dec 5, 2010
Messages
63
Reaction score
7
Deals & offers
1
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Member of
NRA
Hunted
South Africa
I have 5 head of plains game headed my way soon. What kind (or who's) of wall hardware do you suggest? What say you? Thanks....
 
Gary O

For mounts i use a 3 1/3 inch lag screw bolt leaving about 3/4 to 1 inch sticking out of the wall.

Horn and shields i use # 12 3 inch screws with about 1/2 to 3/4 inch sticking out of the wall.

I place 1/4 felt pads on the back side of all my mounts and horns/shields. Not sticking to the wall and holds the trophies in place.
 
Depends on the weight (Eland or Duiker) and the wall (drywall, concrete, etc. and the back of your trophies.

The taxidermist mounting method (the back of the trophy) will have more to do with what you have to use than what you might like to use.

I have made sure that larger critters are into a solid piece of wood using lag bolts.
Others, butterfly (molly) bolts into drywall. 1/4 inch just to make sure.
 
Gary O

For mounts i use a 3 1/3 inch lag screw bolt leaving about 3/4 to 1 inch sticking out of the wall.

Horn and shields i use # 12 3 inch screws with about 1/2 to 3/4 inch sticking out of the wall.

I place 1/4 felt pads on the back side of all my mounts and horns/shields. Not sticking to the wall and holds the trophies in place.

James hit the nail on the head! It should work.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,294
Messages
1,570,859
Members
169,041
Latest member
Mammie74N
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top