DFW trophy clearing

wesheltonj

AH ambassador
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
5,821
Reaction score
11,833
Location
Texas Hill Country
Media
40
Articles
7
Hunting reports
Africa
6
Europe
1
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC
Hunted
USA, RSA, Zambia, Tanzania, Croatia, Slovenia, Spain
Make sure you import your first import of trophies is currently any other airport than DFW as the first. I just received my bill from Coppersmith $639 USDA charge, total damage $2126. Air fright from Europe was only $1060. Long telephone discussion with Coppersmith: DFW USDA is charging all trophy imports $120 Facility Fee, $45 Documentation fee and $2.50 per Kg of the Chargeable weight (in my case 1060.36 Kg) and not the Gross Weight (in my case 75 Kg). My crate from Zambia in February arrived Dulles and Forward Air to DFW and no USDA charge.

When my next crate is ready, I will call Coppersmith first and see what airports are charging USDA fee and ship into one that does not charge.

No Swine or Primates in shipment. If all airports start charging this, I am going to shoot a bunch of Baboons. One will be a Maitre d', another to sit on the bar firing the bird and another getting ready to toss a pile of fake poop.
 
Last edited:
A couple weeks ago I got the DFW USDA shake down as well. I was stunned. We are getting charged for them to do their bloody job! My crate's initial point of entry was Atlanta. From what I understand, the USDA will be implementing this thievery at all points of entry.

Safe hunting
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,283
Messages
1,571,674
Members
169,394
Latest member
HCTStuart9
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top