Defender demise

Sorry to hear that, I love those LR wagons. I once had a Series IIA 109 Safari Wagon with the NADA 6 cyl gas engine. Probably the neatest vehicle I ever owned. I still look for another occasionally but prices have gone thru the roof! They didn't start calling them Defender until fairly recently though. I think sometime in the 80's. Up until then they were Series I, II, IIA and then III.
 
The very first place I hunted in Africa had one of these that I think they said was built in the 1970s! It was still running just fine!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,247
Messages
1,569,457
Members
168,711
Latest member
ghngjhgk
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top