CZ550 Modifications

njc110381

AH enthusiast
Joined
Dec 29, 2018
Messages
383
Reaction score
492
Location
Gloucestershire, UK
Media
1
I read somewhere that it's possible to modify/replace the floor plate on a CZ550 .416 Rigby so that it will hold an extra round in the magazine? Is this something that is worth doing? I believe the rifle holds three rounds in this calibre - that doesn't sound like a lot? Although I suppose the chances of firing four rounds in a charge situation is unlikely and in any other situation a reload is easy enough?

Another thought I am having is moving the foresight back a little so the muzzle can be threaded to take a moderator. The sight is banded so I assume this means it would need to be replaced? Or would the barrel taper allow for it to be moved back a little? I would think maybe 20mm would be enough to do what I need.
 
Take a look at The AHR (American Hunting Rifles) website. They do great CZ work. I know he can move the sight back. Duane Wiebe makes bottom metal that will hold le more rounds as well.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,327
Messages
1,573,151
Members
169,710
Latest member
Cpirillo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top